CMFI CMAK2 AFRIKA MODS EXPLOSION

I need to basically rip open my CMFI CMAK2 Afrika mods to analyze them and make sure they work. This thread will be that. Done in front of others that are helping me @Vacillator and in front of smart(er) people than me that might have time to drop by and give advice to help consolidate stuff from their own experience with a TON of mods. @37mm

Some mods are not modtagged because they will be loaded BEFORE a scenario even loads.

If they are in your z, they ALWAYS will load as the game loads and are not scenario specific.

This can be music you hear during start up, some UI stuff, also the names of soldiers text files and the unit script files.

One of these is a force selection mod I made that has a CMAK2 British 8th Army infantry vibe and an early DAK infantry vibe.

If you plan to play one of my Afrika scenarios, you might desire to pop this into your z BEFORE you start CMFI.

Then when NOT desired to be seen, you pluck it out of your CMFI z folder and stash somewhere outside CMFI z folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fgewjdki460dx6m/AAC5BN-JWJ8LUmxLZ24rFecAa?dl=0

When integrating your mods & scenarios into the updated CMFI 'All in One' I found a lot of untagged Sicily mods were perfectly applicable to CMAK2... I suggest making sure that all [afrika] scenarios are set in the Sicily months, which avoids activating any [mainland] or seasonal tags. Also don't forget the British shorts option!

I intend to look into the modpack again eventually, especially the buildings, as I noticed issues with damaged roofs & walls.

However overall I'm pretty happy with the 'All in One' version of [afrika] which has weathered vehicles, Aris's very dusty Germans, Kieme's desert terrain & a new mod you might like (designed to help represent US 37mm ATG's as British 2lbers).

2 hours ago, 37mm said:

a new mod you might like (designed to help represent US 37mm ATG's as British 2lbers).

Oh yes, I would love to scoop that up for use!

Thanks for your suggestions. I did watch a video of you playing CMFI and it had older mods where I used a c instead of a k I THINK. [africa] and now I use [afrika] to help spot the older mods. The Stuart was an early attempt at a "Caunter paint scheme" and it reminded me of long ago when I knew a bit less for image modding. 

My trouble is I have a ton of other modtags going on such as the below...

[folgore] specialty mod to try and represent Italian parachute troops, helmet mod and some other stuff

[wadi] specialty use terrain and road mod to show muddy tracks through a wet wadi

[greif] Rommel's halftrack

[aussie] specialty ui for Australian slouch hat BEFORE Australians were added to CMFI

[busharty] specialty mod that gave Australians some Italian guns at Tobruk

[aussietank] specialty mod that gave Australians some Italian tanks with Kangaroo insignia

[kasserine] specialty mod for Kasserine area scenarios

[saltmarsh] speciality mod for some Tunisia scenarios

[birakroma] mod to bring a mosque into CMFI

[valentine] mod to turn Stuart into Valentine

[concrete] terrain mod for some emplacements at Tobruk

[italiangermans] mod to make German troops appear Italian for certain scenarios

[afrikaopelkadet] this brought the CMRT opel Kadet into CMAK2 in place of the US jeep

[sangar] trying to mod the sandbag thingy to look like stacked rocks a la sangars

[brazilaustralians] mod to bring in Brazil 37mm and crew but look like 1941 Aussies

[kopz4] Blender modded wreck of KO pz4 as a sequence of junk flavor objects

[re sunhelmet] pitbull's Italian Army desert uniforms with my sun helmet Blender mod

[captured] a speciality mod that allows axis use of captured British vehicles with crosses

[sbeitla] some roadsign mods and other foliage mods for Tunisia

[pav] speciality mod for a particular desert Italian army unit uniform style

[tracks] a road mod to try and show tank tracks behind a vehicle for looks

[m1340] Blender mod to make an Italian tank

[birhakeim] specialty mod to try and show French in North Africa

Anyway, these are all specialty mod cases based on my writing a scenario that tries to be a certain situation. One thing I did do recently is just try to roll these folders up into my own brz files. Just to make it seem simpler for the player wanting to give my scenarios a try. I goofed up when I also rolled up with the modtagged files was the non-modtagged cases and had a blanket undesired changes to soldier names. I figured that out eventually. One thing I need to do is go back and add a designer's notes to all my Afrika scenarios that specify the modtags being used and what they do. For my own tracking and also so the player can check if they have those mods loaded in their CMFI z folder.

Edited by kohlenklau

38 minutes ago, MOS:96B2P said:

IMO a useful mod for any African / Middle East scenario would be a flat roof mod.  I know it has been discussed before but as far as I know one has never been developed for CMFI.    

Good news! We've got them already. Thanks to early tests and success by Tempestzzzz and enhanced by Kieme.

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/105827-proposed-mosquesmall-building-for-fortress-italy-tunisia/?do=findComment&comment=1389167

Edited by kohlenklau

18 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Good news! We've got them already. Thanks to early tests and success by Tempestzzzz and enhanced by Kieme.

Very cool.  Was the Italian roof texture corrected?  And more importantly can this mod be downloaded from somewhere? 

Some mods are not modtagged because they will be loaded BEFORE a scenario even loads.

If they are in your z, they ALWAYS will load as the game loads and are not scenario specific.

This can be music you hear during start up, some UI stuff, also the names of soldiers text files and the unit script files.

One of these is a force selection mod I made that has a CMAK2 British 8th Army infantry vibe and an early DAK infantry vibe.

SEE IMAGES BELOW. Of course this is mouse sensitive as you scroll over the button it changes and then when you click on it, it also changes.

If you plan to play one of my Afrika scenarios, you might desire to pop this into your z BEFORE you start CMFI.

Then when NOT desired to be seen, you pluck it out of your CMFI z folder and stash somewhere outside CMFI z folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fgewjdki460dx6m/AAC5BN-JWJ8LUmxLZ24rFecAa?dl=0

xH7QjSp.png

Edited by kohlenklau

3 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Very cool.  Was the Italian roof texture corrected?  And more importantly can this mod be downloaded from somewhere? 

@MOS:96B2P i PULLED IT ASIDE SEPARATELY SO YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT Karl. Best wishes. Change my modtags to whatever you need.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vbdkz0ss2245a00/AADGY23qwIuNf-fgZqB_DdROa?dl=0

Edited by kohlenklau

• 8 months later...

Hey Kohlenklau,

I’m just getting into these Africa mods and I want to try my hand at scenario creation. On some of your scenarios of yours I see Pz III Gs but for the life of me I can’t figure out how to find them in the scenario editor. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

7 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

But he has his dining room to work on as well, or domestic grief might follow 😬.  Sorry Phil...

aouch !! so he will have to choose, let me think about...the winner is...the dining room !

...and far away, far away, we saw him with his back bent and his gaze drooping thinking about what everyone expects of him, but a gleam reminded him of the promise he gave himself to his dear and tender!

Edited by JM Stuff

2 hours ago, Andrew6850 said:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Fire up old Bessie CMFI.

Scenario editor. Mission-data set to June 1944 Italy

Units-purchase axis-German Army-armor formations

Purchase Panzer Battalion 43 (mixed)

On the right side, click up at the overall battalion to expand it out.

Click up at the + sign to make it reddish. You can expand it all out to companies and platoons also if you want.

Just make sure it stays reddish on that right panel.

Down low you have your options, pick Panzer Aufklarung to make it green with an arrow "   >   " in green.

Then over a few columns select PzIII and PzIIIG

You should see that platoon change to G's. (in the support company)

Then make sure the entire battalion stays reddish...

Down low you have your options, NOW pick Pz IIIN (late) to make it green with an arrow "   >   " in green.

Then over a few columns select PzIII and PzIIIG 50mm

You should see that Bn HQ troop change to G's. 

You can then go back and delete out vehicles and platoons and purchase some long 50mm. My mods have the PzIIIN(late) I forget, my mod makes it a PZIVD.

I think my mod ditches the skirts with transprencies.

EDIT: Return date back to July 1943 and save scenario.

Enjoy North Africa!

Remember with bitterness how BFC could do all this so easily but are too busy. 

Edited by kohlenklau

14 hours ago, Andrew6850 said:

I want to try my hand at scenario creation

PM sent as friendly offer to provide help if you need/want and hopefully I have the answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDITORIAL RANT:

BFC could make easy money with a new AFRIKA title.

They could borrow their ignorant "go backwards" system from CMRT.

The base game code of CMFI would be copied and pasted and edited into a new title that straddles November 1942 to May 1943.

CMOT? Combat Mission Operation Torch? I dunno.

The desert files from CMSF2 could be ported over. Tunisian stuff would most likely be doable under that umbrella.

Lots of the same flavor objects already sitting on the shelf as old content.

A bunch of CMAK scenarios could be reworked. 16 is the magic number Steve always asks for I think. 2 campaigns: 1 US and 1 German.

How many new vehicles are needed to be modelled? I don't know. Not that many would be my guess.

Charles works 60 hours a week Steve said when I asked if Charles was just part-time.

That was 6 months ago maybe?

That is 26 weeks ago.

1560 man-hours ago? 

COME ON POWERBALL!!!

Poking around in FR40 and I just have to say that this is an epic piece of work. 

Amazing to me what the modders can get up to and Kohlenklau has presented

a master class.  Next job is to go through the scenario creation documentation there

are so many scenario possibilities.  Many thanks for this.

32 minutes ago, gregb41352 said:

Kohlenklau has presented a master class.

Thanks for the kind words. A couple other guys took me up several notches by sprinkling their magic into my "fake lobster"...Without them it would not be near as good.

@Damian45 has several awesome uniform mods YET to be showcased. I will get there I promise.

@Falaise has some BEF stuff that will see its debut very soon.

@JM Stuff is working a Belgium map and scenario as well. Maybe later in the fall or winter we shall see that Battle Pack.

• 1 month later...