.CAM unpack and recompilation

Hello,

I'm currently trying to edit the Task Force Spartan Campaign so that the troops training reflects the current situation in Ukraine. I've done everything listed in the manual but when I re-compile the files and start the campaign, none of my troops appear. Here is my campaign text file:

/* Campaign Header*/
[PLAYER FORCE] blue // options are: blue/red
[HUMAN OPPONENT ALLOWED] no // no/yes
[BLUE VICTORY TEXT] You won! 
[BLUE DEFEAT TEXT] You lost!
[RED VICTORY TEXT] You won! 
[RED DEFEAT TEXT] You lost!

/* Battle #1 */
[BATTLE NAME] TF SR 01 We Own the Night
[WIN THRESHOLD] draw

[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] TF SR 02 The Maelstrom
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] TF SR 02 The Maelstrom

[BLUE REFIT %] 30
[BLUE REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 70
[BLUE REST %] 100
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 100

/* Battle #2 */
[BATTLE NAME] TF SR 02 The Maelstrom
[WIN THRESHOLD] draw

[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] TF SR 03 War Angel Down
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] TF SR 03 War Angel Down

[BLUE REFIT %] 50
[BLUE REPAIR VEHICLE %] 50
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 80
[BLUE REST %] 100
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 100

/* Battle #3 */
[BATTLE NAME] TF SR 03 War Angel Down
[WIN THRESHOLD] draw

[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] TF SR 04 By the Dawns Early Light
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] TF SR 04 By the Dawns Early Light

[BLUE REFIT %] 70
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 80
[BLUE REST %] 100
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 100

/* Battle #4 */
[BATTLE NAME] TF SR 04 By the Dawns Early Light
[WIN THRESHOLD] draw

[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] TF SR 05 Acts of Valor
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] TF SR 05 Acts of Valor

[BLUE REFIT %] 70
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 80
[BLUE REST %] 100
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 100

/* Battle #5 */
[BATTLE NAME] TF SR 05 Acts of Valor
[WIN THRESHOLD] draw

[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] TF SR 06 Blood in the Streets 4W
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] TF SR 06 Blood in the Streets 4F

[BLUE REFIT %] 60
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 90
[BLUE REST %] 90
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 100

/* Battle #6 */
[BATTLE NAME] TF SR 06 Blood in the Streets 4W
[WIN THRESHOLD] draw

[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] TF SR 07 Lock Shields
[NEXT BATTLE IF LOSE] // campaign end

[BLUE REFIT %] 70
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 70
[BLUE REST %] 90
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 100

/* Battle #7 */
[BATTLE NAME]  TF SR 06 Blood in the Streets 4F
[WIN THRESHOLD] draw

[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] TF SR 07 Lock Shields

[BLUE REFIT %] 50
[BLUE REPAIR VEHICLE %] 30
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 50
[BLUE REST %] 80
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 100

/* Battle #8 */
[BATTLE NAME] TF SR 07 Lock Shields
[WIN THRESHOLD] draw

[NEXT BATTLE IF WIN] // campaign end

[BLUE REFIT %] 70
[BLUE REPAIR VEHICLE %] 20
[BLUE RESUPPLY %] 90
[BLUE REST %] 90
[RED REFIT %] 0
[RED REPAIR VEHICLE %] 0
[RED RESUPPLY %] 0
[RED REST %] 0

Am I missing anything?

Core units file. 

You need to change the soft factors in the core units file then re sync every mission file ie import the core units into every mission before you recompile. You’ll also need the core units file when you recompile - that's what you start with when creating the campaign. Not sure how the recompile software works and whether it extracts the core units file. Without the core units file synced to every mission a recompile won't work

Edited by George MC

1 hour ago, hebrewhammer926 said:

How would I go about making a core unit file? Can i copy the units from one of the other missions? Do they all need to be active?

also what are soft factors

Away from PC so apologies for brevity. 

Core unit file is mentioned in the manual. It’s the scenario file that contains all the units used in the campaign.

No way to copy/paste units. 

Soft factors are experience, morale, etc. 

Im not sure there is any east way to create a core units file for the campaign unless that is one of the unpacked scenarios. As said I’ve no experience of unpacking campaigns so not sure what is extracted. 

Okay so I've had this experience too. I unpacked a couple FR campaigns, edited the troops to be conscript, and then repacked it only to find out my troops had disappeared. That was a nice 30 minutes spent reconing nothing :).

As George says, the original core units file is necessary, but there is no way to retrieve the original core units file used when creating the campaign. I am currently stuck with this dilemma too. If there is a solution found I would be interested as well.

I think the only real solution is to recreate the core units file, then replace every single unit in the campaign with the new core file troops. This would include setting them back up in the 3d editor.

4 hours ago, Artkin said:

Okay so I've had this experience too. I unpacked a couple FR campaigns, edited the troops to be conscript, and then repacked it only to find out my troops had disappeared. That was a nice 30 minutes spent reconing nothing :).

As George says, the original core units file is necessary, but there is no way to retrieve the original core units file used when creating the campaign. I am currently stuck with this dilemma too. If there is a solution found I would be interested as well.

I think the only real solution is to recreate the core units file, then replace every single unit in the campaign with the new core file troops. This would include setting them back up in the 3d editor.

Aye thought that might be the case. 
Re core units if you recreate the core unit file EXACTLY ie ToE, OOB and unit names -  it should overwrite the existing ones in each scenario when you import the core units file into each scenario mission thus saving you having to redo the 3D setup in the editor. Not sure how easy that is to do. If designer used bog standard units with no fancy names it would be ‘easy’. But you’d have to go through each mission snd ID the core units. Again designer may have bought ‘one off units’ for a specific scenario mission so you’d have to differentiate between core units and sacrificial ‘red shirts’! ;)

I can already see big issues, one off units, and also if some core units are never used in the campaign then it would be unfixable. I try to limit the Red Shirts personally. It makes no sense to have them outside of the core file. They make you careless :)

On 7/9/2022 at 12:15 PM, George MC said:

Core unit file is mentioned in the manual. It’s the scenario file that contains all the units used in the campaign.

Just one bit of clarification. The core unit file is meant to contain the units that are common to more than one scenario in the campaign. Each scenario can have units from the core units file and additional ones too. So, the core units file does not need to have every unit that is to be used in the campaign.