What's Going On

On 7/1/2022 at 6:43 PM, kb6583 said:

Still mucking around with the 2nd Battle of Chaumont as the US. Have been roughly holding my own at the 42 minute mark and then this happened: As best as I can tell a German tank sent a few HE rounds into a building with some US machine guns and infantry. They promptly began moving right into the attacking Germans! I saw that they were tired and rattled, but am I missing something here? Wouldn't rattled units retreat AWAY from the enemy?  Then several US halftracks, all hidden and OK, moved towards the German positions as well! Suffice to say they were shot up too. Boy oh boy! Just as I was starting to get used to the interface and enjoying this game, this happened! 

The issues Artkin had were due to the friendly map edge being incorrectly defined in the scenario. 

If you have any saves from this that show the behavior - preferably from just before it happened so I can run ahead - I'd be happy to take a look. I did check the same thing and the map edge appears correct in Chaumont, part 2.

Dave

On 7/3/2022 at 3:37 PM, kb6583 said:

"...the 2nd round of Chaumont is better played as Germans"

This typically means that one side has more developed AI plans for it. In this case the allies have the more developed ai plan, so you will want to assign that side to the computer