Climable Mountains - How To and Humbugs.

WimO

13 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I have a version called 'WO2 Lehr at Hauts Vents.btt' but as mentioned I'm not sure where I got it.  That's the one I was looking at earlier...

I believe that is the same as Gruppe Bohm to le Rocher. I renamed it. If the map is 2 km x 4 km then it is the same.

47 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

I have a version called 'WO2 Lehr at Hauts Vents.btt' but as mentioned I'm not sure where I got it.  That's the one I was looking at earlier...

Tim: I have the two Gruppe Bohm that he's talking about. I'll post the files in Dropbox

Thanks Wim and Michael.  A quick look (one side only) at the H2H versions suggest they are the same renamed scenario, except perhaps the artillery availability might be different (according to the notes below versus what I read in the scenario notes).

Michael, I'm mindful of Wim's comments below, but we could try it if you like?  Your turn to suggest sides if so?

20 hours ago, WimO said:

German player has the more difficult task by far. Special rules are in effect to limit the movement of the German player. Pitch dark, vehicles move at Slow speed except under scenario defined situations. The German player's biggest challenge is traffic management. Patience is required to feed the long columns of vehicles in slowly and well spaced or you will produce an unmanageable mess. The German player has TRF's and is encouraged to use these for a preliminary bombardment on the assumed American positions. The Germans had a well defined artillery plan and had a habit of constantly intermittently bombarding road junctions. If the bombardment is delayed the German won't see much because it is pitch dark and hazy.  Expect ambushes and surprises constantly.

American player: Is low on supply and recovering from  the day's failed attack against Les Haut Vents. Supply trucks are on the way and these need to be 'managed' when they arrive or ammo might become a problem. Do not be quickly discouraged by adverse results. The German player's task is a difficult one and he is fairly easy to ambush.

16 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Michael, I'm mindful of Wim's comments below, but we could try it if you like?  Your turn to suggest sides if so?

Ok. Well, I'll fire up KfG Rohm then. Think I'll have a go at the GE side despite the utter frustration caused by the lack of a convoy command in this game! I'd like to see, probably to my chagrin, if there isn't someway to approximate a convoy with the individual commands, even though I've had little success at it so far, despite pauses, delayed starts different movement-speed commands, etc. @WimO If nothing else, maybe get back to you with some thoughts on how to better help the GE player in that 😆

4 minutes ago, RMM said:

Well, I'll fire up KfG Rohm then

Okay, I like a bit of defense and ambush.  I did however look at the German forces while comparing the H2H versions, so if you feel the need to cast an eye over the US forces that's fine by me.  I haven't seen them yet...

Will await the password file in the usual place my friend.

2 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Okay, I like a bit of defense and ambush.  I did however look at the German forces while comparing the H2H versions, so if you feel the need to cast an eye over the US forces that's fine by me.  I haven't seen them yet...

Will await the password file in the usual place my friend.

And it's game on! 

43 minutes ago, RMM said:

Ok. Well, I'll fire up KfG Rohm then. Think I'll have a go at the GE side despite the utter frustration caused by the lack of a convoy command in this game! I'd like to see, probably to my chagrin, if there isn't someway to approximate a convoy with the individual commands, even though I've had little success at it so far, despite pauses, delayed starts different movement-speed commands, etc. @WimO If nothing else, maybe get back to you with some thoughts on how to better help the GE player in that 😆

To move Gruppe Bohm's convoy, leave 10 second intervals between vehicles of the leading platoon starting. Leave more time if vehicles have to turn through the zig zags of the roads. And many vehicles should just stand still for 'a long time'. Do not attempt to move the whole convoy at once. Lead from the front and let the others wait for a needy time.

22 hours ago, WimO said:

The German player has TRF's and is encouraged to use these for a preliminary bombardment on the assumed American positions.

@WimO Just opened it up on the GE side and not seeing any TRF's. Maybe there's a newer version? Am not sure when I uploaded the files, but it might have been a while ago

It should actually be Bohm with an uhmlaut but I don't know how to type uhmlauts in the CMBN text files.

Re: TRFs. Just checked. Michael is correct. The current version of Gruppe Bohm to Le Rocher H2H the German player has no TRFs. I removed them after a play test. Sorry, I forgot.

55 minutes ago, WimO said:

It should actually be Bohm with an uhmlaut but I don't know how to type uhmlauts in the CMBN text files.

Re: TRFs. Just checked. Michael is correct. The current version of Gruppe Bohm to Le Rocher H2H the German player has no TRFs. I removed them after a play test. Sorry, I forgot.

Umlauts: I think you can paste them from Word or what-have-you.

TRP's: Ah, so the GE only has the standard, initial OBA option? So, it proved to be too damaging in H2H?

37 minutes ago, RMM said:

Umlauts: I think you can paste them from Word or what-have-you.

TRP's: Ah, so the GE only has the standard, initial OBA option? So, it proved to be too damaging in H2H?

I found the TRP's unnecessary for a pre-battle bombardment plot and they seemed unreasonable/unrealistic to use later on a pitch black night with limited vision.

Vacillator and RMM: If the two of you are going to play Gruppe Bohm to Le Rocher H2H, would you mind each copying your movement files to me? This would require creating and sharing a player password with me.

Wim, we have started the H2H but we have only shared the password files so far, Michael is probably labouring with some convoy movements. 

I'm not sure how we create another password, or do you mean you need one of ours?  I can share mine with you by PM if so, and I assume we would need to add you to the Dropbox, so PM me with your email address if so.

I would need whatever password you are using if that is okay with you.

My intention is to "try" to make a short video of it after the fact or at least 'tell the story'. So I will create a written log of events

No pressure on us then 😬.  Happy to share my password, and have just got your PM.  Once Michael posts the first proper turn we should be good to go.

In return can you add some additional 90mm assets on the US side?  Yes I know it's too late for that but oh well...

TBH I still haven't seen what I have on the US side anyway.

5 hours ago, WimO said:

Vacillator and RMM: If the two of you are going to play Gruppe Bohm to Le Rocher H2H, would you mind each copying your movement files to me? This would require creating and sharing a player password with me.

Happy to do it. We have our shared Dropbox, so I'll put them in there and advise the password. As Tim pointed out, my setup looks to be a work, so it might be a week or so, before we get the Rollbahn going. @WimO If you'd like to do a video of the 507th Good Drop, I can also upload all those files and the password?