Climable Mountains - How To and Humbugs.

WimO

2 hours ago, WimO said:

Did you save both your and my moves? I did not.

Yeh, I still have them all, both yours and mine. They're split up between two machines (PC & Laptop), but I can get 'em all to ya

On 6/11/2022 at 2:32 PM, WimO said:

It should actually be Bohm with an umlaut but I don't know how to type umlauts in the CMBN text files.

@WimO Just a linguistic note about German to help ya, because I notice in the Briefing text that every mention of Böhm is completely messed up by the game's inability to accept such letters. Instead, it appears as BĶhm. A perfectly acceptable alternative in German though, when one can't or doesn't want to bother with the umlaut is to just write out the hidden 'e' that it represents. In this case: 'Boehm'. That's actually what the umlaut represents: a hidden 'e'.

Unfortunately, as I'm sure you're, painfully aware, there's no way to copy-n-paste text into the game files. Another upgrade that would greatly help the game. 

Edited by RMM

31 minutes ago, RMM said:

@WimO Just a linguistic note about German to help ya, because I notice in the Briefing text that every mention of Böhm is completely messed up by the game's inability to accept such letters. Instead, it appears as BĶhm. A perfectly acceptable alternative in German though, when one can't or doesn't want to bother with the umlaut is to just write out the hidden 'e' that it represents. In this case: 'Boehm'. That's actually what the umlaut represents: a hidden 'e'.

Unfortunately, as I'm sure you're, painfully aware, there's no way to copy-n-paste text into the game files. Another upgrade that would greatly help the game. 

Michael, you obviously need some relief from issuing movement orders 😬.  Don't worry about being too exact, my boys will pick up any stragglers 😉.

Edited by Vacillator

Yes, I've also noted that the text in CMBN does not accept any special vowel accents. Also had trouble with possessive apostrophes.  Fixing the text is fairly easy. I think I'll have a read through all of the scenarios that I've created.

Thanks for noting issues.