Dutch CV90 in CM SF2

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really seem to find a definitive answer on what electro optics are but this is from BAE's website:

"The CV90 is also equipped with Elbit Systems’ Iron Fist Active Protection System solution and an integrated, Rafael Advanced Defense Systems’ SPIKE-LR long-range anti-tank guided missile. Other significant improvements include the latest generation of sensors, Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality software to increase the CV90s multi-domain capabilities on the battlefield."

That's good to hear. I never heard of Iron Fist, but it's no surprise this sort of system isn't going to be impossible to replicate. Similar to Iron Fist, I know little to nothing about SPIKE. A lightweight, hard hitting ATGM can't hurt the IFV. The 35mm gun in Dutch service is already pretty big - though of course not as big as the cv9040's gun ;) I wonder how that will affect it's ammo loadout. 

I saw a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUyZIqH2XQE)  where they were comparing the CV to the new Puma, and the size difference is substantial. There is also a clip @ 3:14 showing that the CV can easily fit in tunnels. I have no doubt it will fit with the new D series turret. CV90 seems like a Bradley that was squished into a platform that's wider and lower - akin to a BMP 1/2; but with modern sensors. I really do feel like that's the way to go. It's proven to take multiple armaments in various configurations too.

I love it so much. I only wish it was in a newer, sleeker title like CMBS.

In other news, Rhinemetall released a new MBT today, the KF51. It appears to be a leopard 2A7 turret on the leopard 3 hull.

Edited by Artkin