Height resolver is inconsistent (Bug report)

Working on a huge map, I noticed the height resolver to be inconsistent when a map is loaded several times in 3D preview in the editor. Restarting Combat Mission solves the problem.
I guess, there is a memory leak somewhere or something. Maybe it is something where Battlefront can improve performance for the Engine update 5.
The following screenshots show the same area of the map without changes, just at different loadings of the game:
Incosistent1.png
Incosistent2.png
Incosistent3.png

Without viewing the elevations that were specified within the editor, I can only guess that a value, or cluster was set at the top of the hill and one at the bottom. If the designer does not designate specific elevations on each tile in that area, this leaves the area in-between to populate its own slope. I've seen this when I've created maps and had to work around it by handpicking specific elevations along the way to override what the editor would have filled in. It takes time to do this, trial and error, but you get the end result you want.

I probably didn't tell you anything you didn't already know. Yes it would be an improvement to have a consistent slope, I don't know how it is designed, coprocessor dependent🤔 . Spent a lot of time camera surfing terrain and exiting back to editor, repeat and repeat.

Also, any elevation changes made anywhere on the map can cause a ripple effect, because now the editor has to recalculate even the most minute slope changes for all open pathed tiles. I'm assuming that is not the case here because you made no changes.

It's not something I need to have resolved, but it's definitely a bug, Battlefront should be aware of. I don't know how it works ingame, if it is possible to have two players, let's say do a PBEM, and they have maps with different elevations. Not sure how it would turn out in combat with LOS. But if you have a fresh start, the map looks like it is supposed to look like.

The elevation changes if the 3D preview is used several times in the editor, up to the point, that the game crashes consistently at some point. So there must be some sort of memory leak or something, adding up RAM with every load of the map.

Edited by Dr.Fusselpulli

I've made a lot of maps and I can honestly say that I've never noticed this before?  I do have a hazy memory of getting a crash one time when doing this, but I'm not sure when or if it's an actual memory.  However, from what you are describing it would appear to be something that is specific to going in and out of the 3D view in the editor and I'm pretty confident that it would have no impact on gameplay if, as you describe, it resets when you reload it new.  Players wouldn't be switching back and forth in the editor because they wouldn't be in the editor, and they would also be loading the map new every time they either started a new game or continued an ongoing game.  If it's just going in and out of the 3D map while in the editor though it should be repeatable.  

Yes, I think it's not a big issue. I don't need it to be resolved. But it might be a problem for performance in general? I don't know.
Just thought it's worth reporting to make Battlefront aware of this issue.
I never noticed this neither. Only know, in the final stages of my 18,5km² map, (7280m x 2544m) I notice it in the Editor only and only on this huge map. The impact on normal sized maps is probably just neglectable, or you don't change back and forth often enough.
But it is indeed the case, that at some point, the game will consistently crash, when changing to the 3D view and back to the editor repeatedly.

I changed the given names of the units on the map, and now it's persistent. 😐

Bug.png 

I restarted my computer, closed all unnecessary programs, including skype, discord and the browser, then started a fresh game. But the bug is persistent now.
Maybe my system is overheated? I'll give it another attempt tomorrow morning.

Did a bit of optimization by redoing some of the hightmap at another place (less set hights needed without an actual change of the geometry).
Now it's working again. Seems I'll be redoing a lot of the hight markers and cut every unnessecary hightmarker out of the map, before the release of the scenario.
This map seems to be really an edge case 😅

Bug-Fix.png