What does experience do for artillery in CMBS?

Larsen

I know that in WWII titles the experience of the artillery and FO speed up the time of the barrage arrival. So far I don't really see the same effect in CMBS. So, my question is what does the experience for FO and experience for the artillery do in CMBS? 

6 hours ago, Larsen said:

I know that in WWII titles the experience of the artillery and FO speed up the time of the barrage arrival. So far I don't really see the same effect in CMBS. So, my question is what does the experience for FO and experience for the artillery do in CMBS? 

Same as the other games: faster call-in times, tighter groupings.

Actually, the call-in times don't change with experience. There is one instance for an off map artillery were going veteran on both FO and arty shaves off a minutes but that's it.

I did not experiment with the grouping. Did you test it or is it just a guess?

3 hours ago, Larsen said:

Actually, the call-in times don't change with experience. There is one instance for an off map artillery were going veteran on both FO and arty shaves off a minutes but that's it.

So you agree that artillery call-in times do get faster with experience. It's possible to get down to a < 1 minute call-in time at the extreme end of the scale.

3 hours ago, Larsen said:

I did not experiment with the grouping. Did you test it or is it just a guess?

What I've seen and been told, no hard data to back that up.

From my testing I don't see any significant time decrease in call times. i only looked at Russians to be honest.

For on board mortars The call times are always 4 minutes. It does not matter what the experience of the mortars or the FO is. For off-board artillery if you go to vet artillery for FO of vet and better you can shave one minute - from 7 minutes to 6. And that's about that. I never actually waited for the strike to arrive so I don't know - maybe you can save another minute on spotting rounds - that I don't know. 

On 3/25/2022 at 10:10 PM, Larsen said:

You might find the below interesting.  It was copied from the below linked topic which contains more information on the subject.

In CM Battle for Normandy v3.11 Engine 3 I had the following teams request fire support from the same 105mm howitzer battery both in and out of the command track.  All teams had the same soft factors, Experience: veteran / Motivation: normal / Leadership 0 / Fitness: fit.  The following are the results.

Back Pack Radio                     SPW 251/3

German Bn. HQ           14 minutes                             14 minutes

German Co. HQ           14 minutes                             14 minutes

German Plt. HQ           14 minutes                             14 minutes

German FO                    9 minutes                               9 minutes

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In CM Black Sea v1.00 Engine 3 I had the following teams request fire support from the same 105mm howitzer battery both in and out of the command track.  All teams had the same soft factors, Experience: veteran / Motivation: normal / Leadership 0 / Fitness: fit.  The following are the results.

Radio /PDA                     Stryker Cmd. Veh.

US BN. HQ                 10 minutes                             9 minutes

US Co. HQ                  10 minutes                             9 minutes

US Plt. HQ                  10 minutes                             9 minutes

US FO                           6 minutes                             5 minutes

It would appear there is no advantage to using command vehicles in CMBN.  However there is a small advantage to using them in CMBS.  Different level HQ units in both games appear to have the same call times however Forward Observers are quicker.  Not the way I thought it worked but unless I am missing something that appears to be the way it is. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Following up:  In CM Battle for Normandy v3.11 Engine 3 I had US Platoon HQ teams request fire support from the same 105mm howitzer battery.  All teams had the same soft factors with the exception of experience.  Motivation: normal / Leadership 0 / Fitness: fit.  The following are the results.

Elite          13 minutes

Crack        13 minutes

Veteran     13 minutes

Regular     13 minutes

Green        15 minutes

Conscript  18 minutes

Thank you. I saw that thread. It mostly relates to CMBN and it mostly concerns the artillery calling from the vehickes vs on foot.

I am mostly interested in CMBS. I did not test any artillery calling from vehicles. I did a quick check for Russians and i almost did not see any difference between regular and elite FO. One time when i eas able to shave off a minutes was for a veteran FO and veteran off map arrillery. I think the call times went down from 7 to 6 minutes. But then i did not see any difference between veteran and elite FO.

Someone suggested that the experience of FO and arrillery affects the accuracy. I am not sure if anyone conducted any tests though.

I wish BFC would explain explicitly how arrillery and FO experience works.