"Worn and Dusty" Canadian Armed Forces Weapons by Atlas

Hi all,

Time for my second mod release!

Do you hate the look of a brand new, clean weapon on a battlefield?

You're in luck because I do too!

I re-skinned all of the CAF weapons except the AT Weapons.

Enjoy!

Pictures and link below!

A2Wx7z6.jpgLiLwmP3.jpg1tlUqfD.jpgzpNdKow.jpg0v2CVs3.jpg

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14nPMJyUdaXQkUb_yhfommlgbVxakDsBb/view?usp=sharing

Edited by AtlasActual
Typo in title

• AtlasActual changed the title to "Worn and Dusty" Canadian Armed Forces Weapons by Atlas

Good direction! My only comment is that it's maybe a little bit too much green, especially on the C7s - the green features are fairly dark to start with and only get more brown and tan in the desert.

Case in point - that's clearly an A2, but you can hardly tell those grips and the sight are green:

canada-troops-afghanistan.jpg?w=2048

Edited by Roter Stern

You may be completely correct.  But, one also needs to factor in that color photos can be very misleading due to time of day, filters, photoshop etc that most pics are influenced by.  It's rare that one can completely trust color tones in any photo.  The situation is/was even much worse with film.  Hence WW2 pics are very unreliable guides to colors.

48 minutes ago, Erwin said:

You may be completely correct.  But, one also needs to factor in that color photos can be very misleading due to time of day, filters, photoshop etc that most pics are influenced by.  It's rare that one can completely trust color tones in any photo.  The situation is/was even much worse with film.  Hence WW2 pics are very unreliable guides to colors.

Being in the CAF myself, I have to agree with him that the furniture is more dark green pulling to brown than what I created. I have adjusted the skin and I feel like it's more true to life now.ClB7Guv.jpg

• 10 months later...