Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get?

Probus

I still think this is quite the insane timeline where we see Soviet Era tanks fighting alongside NATO MBTs. Also extremely interesting anti drone cage that appears to be foldable / deployable on both tanks, which seems a great idea for when they dont need to be in use. (they can be a pain ergonomically) It might be a standardised design?

Edited by ArmouredTopHat

1 hour ago, Silentkilarz said:

https://t.me/gruntmedia/48912

RU SU25 shot down in Dontesk

Suchomimus Claims its a stealth drone.

Some further information on this, seems a rather valuable UCAV was downed and is now in the hands of AFU troops. I am sure there are quite a few people / countries eager to get their mitts on such a craft given it represents the cutting edge of Russian stealth tech / UCAV design (though we dont know how that actually translates to other platforms, I imagine not as well) 

Still unknown if friendly fire or not, but either way a good reminder that stealth is not a guarantee of survival. (Though it bloody helps!)

Edited by ArmouredTopHat

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/1fvoovj/footage_of_a_ukrainian_convoy_of_19_vehicles/

Going back to Kursk, this is why I maintained that Kursk was not exactly 'lightly defended' as this ambush was inflicted by Russian marines with mechanised equipment. Also shows why a tank might be useful when spearheading a mechanised operation too to help avoid a whole column of lighter vehicles getting shredded by autocannon fire. 

Context below:

Finally some non dog**** footage of the Safonovka ambush. Was trying to piece together the order of events over at r/RoshelArmor but only had the typical seizure inducing Russian jump cut crap footage and some shaky cam footage from the 810th marines.

Safonovka was the northernmost tip of Ukrainian expansion in the early stages of the offensive into Russia. They were trying to flank around positions held by the Russian 810 BSF Marines by taking the route through Safonovka but the 810th anticipated it and ambushed the Ukrainians with a BTR and RPG’s.

Edited by ArmouredTopHat