A HUGE THANK YOU! - Use the Video Card and not the integrated video driver.

I owe someone a HUGE THANK YOU but cannot remember who or which post.

What's this all about?

About a year ago I bought a new Alienware gaming laptop with some pretty decent specs. But when trying to play my favourite game, CMBN, the text was virtually unreadable and the graphics stuttered and rendered very slowly and incompletely. I had no idea what was happening and frustrated removed the game from my rig. Went back to playing it on my desktop which it did quite nicely with two NVideal GeForce 1080 cards in SLI.

Then a few days back I stumbled on a post in this forum that advised players to make sure that the game was being directed to the VIDEO CARD and not the integrated video whatever. I though, "Huh??" Opened up my NVidea program and sure enough, there was a selection for letting the program decide automatically which to use or whether to force it to always use the video card. I selected video card and, nervous with anticipation, reinstalled CMBN and gave it a try. And what do you know? HooooRaaaah! It plays great. So now I am very very happy. And thank you, thank you, thank you to whomever posted that bit of advice.

Wim (a.k.a. WimO, a.k.a. Kandu at FGM)

On 1/29/2022 at 9:51 AM, WimO said:

I owe someone a HUGE THANK YOU but cannot remember who or which post.

What's this all about?

About a year ago I bought a new Alienware gaming laptop with some pretty decent specs. But when trying to play my favourite game, CMBN, the text was virtually unreadable and the graphics stuttered and rendered very slowly and incompletely. I had no idea what was happening and frustrated removed the game from my rig. Went back to playing it on my desktop which it did quite nicely with two NVideal GeForce 1080 cards in SLI.

Then a few days back I stumbled on a post in this forum that advised players to make sure that the game was being directed to the VIDEO CARD and not the integrated video whatever. I though, "Huh??" Opened up my NVidea program and sure enough, there was a selection for letting the program decide automatically which to use or whether to force it to always use the video card. I selected video card and, nervous with anticipation, reinstalled CMBN and gave it a try. And what do you know? HooooRaaaah! It plays great. So now I am very very happy. And thank you, thank you, thank you to whomever posted that bit of advice.

Wim (a.k.a. WimO, a.k.a. Kandu at FGM)

Would you mind showing a screenshot?