ModMakers - What are you currently working on?

Lucky Shot and I are (still) working on the Urban Mod, i dont know when it will be out, but Lucky Shot is almost done with the graphics and it is I who is lazy and havent finished the scenarios... only done one so far... *sigh* i guess ill have to work more on it...

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

I'd like to see more Allied vehicle mods. German armor is already "sexy," and then the many great mods just make it more appealing. Allied AFV's really need more modding to look nearly as appealing.

------------------

Hope you got your things together,

Hope you are quite prepared to die. --CCR

I've sent two story replacement buildings to Madmatt a few days ago; no winter mod. He's either waiting or they didn't pass the old QT.

They are not nearly as subdued as Magua's but not as bright as the originals.

My previous mods were Small Arms, Wheatfield, Brown Stone Bridge, Urban European Building Mod and InterfaceADDon.

Since passing the 2 story mods to madmatt, I'm taking a break to actually get some real CM time.

Nothing having to do with CM, unfortunately. I got a gig doing a multimedia CD for this guy (paid) so I'm working on that.

When that's finished... I got an idea for a cool meta campaign for CM that uses elements from RTS titles such as base building, economics, etc. It's called Banana Republic, and it will be a royal pain in the butt to design and implement, and I'm sure I don't have the get-up-and-go necessary to get it done myself. All I have right now is the overall concept and a few ideas on how it could be implemented. I stopped there when I realized what a big job it would be. The Game Master will have to keep track of everything...and I wish I knew how to program, because it would be a lot easier to do the math one time and have like a "CM utility" that would tell you what your population is, how much money you have, what buildings you have constructed, etc.

Anyone interested in this idea? It is a persistent universe that spans years and even decades of game time as each turn is equal to 1 month. Players build buildings which give them greater options like in RTS. If the building is destroyed in a battle, the player loses those options associated with that building. You get money from taxes and exports each month to build new buildings and buy troops, like in RTS. You will be able to upgrade your guys from regular to veteran etc, either through battle experience or training.

I don't want to give any more away right now but if anyone would be interested in working on, testing, and playing this, please let me know.

DeanCo--

Just reworked a buildings mod where I gave "damage" textures to all the buildings.

Did the sexton, priest, archer last night. Made some "U"-tracks for shermans, found out they don't model correctly on the rear part of the tracks (rear of the tank the should be facing down, not up. Not much can be done about this; may do another type of sherman track.

Just finished the jumbo, firefly, IIa a few days ago.

Someone wanted me to add some foliage camoflage to the panzerIV. May start this in a day or two.

Going to start re-doing the british tanks with MM camo. The first ones I got the texture right bt not the hue/color/lightness.

-johnski

High-res Firefly/Sherman IIa sent to Old Dog for release just now. Low-res will go tomorrow.

High-res US/FF HVSS & 76mm turret should be only a few days away. M5 & M8 GMC my next project. Then Sherman II.

(My ultimate goal is to do high-res versions of every Allied vehicle. Shouldn't take more than a year...)

Guest Lord General MB

Sirs,

Ahh, Tiger... I LOVED YOUR JUMBO. I humbally request more.....

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

Guest Madmatt

That Hitlerjugened Mark IV and Sexton were posted tonight. The buildings and other mods mentioned didnt get in tonight.

I have a enough mods to probably post a second update sometime this weekend though, so stay tuned.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Marco, I discovered a cool filter in my paint program. It was called "Weather" as in "Weathered". I applied it to several of the vehicles including your hi-re Sherman III & V and it looks pretty cool. It gives the vehicles a cracked, peeling paint look.

I'm going to add this effect to about everything I got and see what it looks like and then I may post those versions on my Web site whenever the hell I ever get around to publishing the damn thing. wink.gif