Video on US mechanized squads in the 80s

QuiGon

I always love Battle Order. I just saw this video drop and immediately knew it belonged on the CMCW forum. If you hadn't beat me to it I was minutes away from posting it myself. Those of us who have played CMCW are all probably already familiar with US 1980's mechanized infantry squad and platoon organization. But this video helps fill in some gaps and provide a bit of context to how things are organized in game. One thing I found interesting is that irl the organization of the dismounted element is actually ad-hoc, but ad-hoc squad organization isn't really possible in the game engine.

QuiGon,

That was a really good and highly informative video. Be sure to read several comments near the top from the BTDT types about which US units had what, but especially the remarks on how the M3 Bradley units really worked. Seems to me the Bradley based Mech Infantry would've been really good on the firepower end. (without factoring in the world of pain the M2 was all by itself) but with little combat stability because of brittleness from lack of manpower to absorb casualties and keep fighting effectively. Shall now have to watch other videos from this guy pertinent to CMCW.

Regards,

John Kettler