Add Optics Data to Defenses Report on Vehicle Game User Panel

THH149

Since in the modern titles - CW, SF2 and BS - spotting to extremely important and technology driven, information on the spotting ability of the unit - especially vehicles - would be exceptionally useful.

The place for it would be on the Defenses Report panel under the armour rating where the info on smoke etc currently goes.

With a bit of remodelling the icons, I would think an indicator of the times zoom available (eg 3x or 10x) to the unit, IR, or Thermal optics would be great to know. It would allow players to get more into the technical details of the equipment and game, and get the game under control a little more.

Note I'm using names of the GUI panels from the CM manual so BFC can understand what I'm suggesting.

So, something like this terrible paint mashup:
20211119092713_1.jpg.c215794bec068dcb376327115e20e03b.jpg

For x10 Magnification (I have no idea if that's correct for the M60A3 TTS), Laser Rangefinder and TI for Thermal Imager.

I'm not sure how much room there is in that segment in the modern titles when it's full of acronym soup (ERA, APS, LWS, etc) and it could get complicated fast when you take into account, for example, differences in magnification resolution or thermal imaging quality (ie. an M60's optic at 12x mag is likely to be less clear than an M1A2 SEP2's optic at 12x mag; and there are various generations (and resolutions) or thermal imagers). Maybe a traffic light system would work (red for poor, yellow for mediocre, green for good).

But I think it would be a super helpful addition, especially for new players.

30 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

The only thing I ever use in the middle section of the UI is ammunition and damage indicators.

What about the C&C structure and how you pass on intel from the battlefield? Russian armored units are the only ones who have radio's.

UIB.jpg

Here he is in contact with his regiment.

UI.jpg

He contact the tankdesantniki company (no radio)direct 2 scouts on the engine deck of the ISU152. They are now in contact by sharing the radio of the AFV. The 57 mm of the Valentines get support from the ISU 152.

UIC.jpg

I don't know how BF can improve this feature. 

1 hour ago, Hapless said:

Maybe a traffic light system would work (red for poor, yellow for mediocre, green for good).

A good thought, but would be unusable for colour-blind people - at least without allowing things like this to be user-configurable or providing tooltips with additional information.

I played a game with a guy who was fully colour blind and he had to rely on tooltips and user-configurable positioning of items to figure out what certain things did as the main UI differentiator on their effects was colour-based

Edited by Grey_Fox

1 hour ago, chuckdyke said:

What about the C&C structure and how you pass on intel from the battlefield? Russian armored units are the only ones who have radio's.

UIB.jpg

Here he is in contact with his regiment.

UI.jpg

He contact the tankdesantniki company (no radio)direct 2 scouts on the engine deck of the ISU152. They are now in contact by sharing the radio of the AFV. The 57 mm of the Valentines get support from the ISU 152.

UIC.jpg

I don't know how BF can improve this feature. 

I usually pay attention to the left down corner on your last screenshot. The formation structure in the middle only doubles it. 

1 minute ago, dbsapp said:

The formation structure in the middle only doubles it. 

It shows the unit structure under his command when you click the blue HQ symbol which will turn red to reveal the structure. By clicking any unit in that structure it will transfer you to that unit. The 2nd Regiment window on the left has no unit because he is the Regimental HQ. We need more of this system in modern warfare we need a window which shows the optics etc. By using this system to play battalion size battles is much easier once you get used to it.