Bug report - wonky MANPAD and AA fire

rocketman

Back when BS was new I reported a similar issue but IIRC there was never info if it had been solved. Anyway, I just got a similar one in CW:

6BUHeZH.jpg

Redeye and self-propelled AA close to the map edge defend against incoming CAS and their fire is suddenly diverted to the right (even at different points). Is this a bug? Does it affect the likelihood of shooting down CAS? In any case it looks weird as heck. The AA did this with repeated bursts. I have a save.

I am not 100% sure. There is a system where by the aircraft owner does not get true locations on the launch sites. This is done by shifting the outbound rounds somewhat from their true origin. I thought that the AA owner was given true renderings of the outbound rounds but I could be wrong about that.

It could be related to that. It could also be a bug - not sure.

4 minutes ago, rocketman said:

I didn't know that the outbound rounds are shifted. Interesting. Anyway, this example is from a PBEM game. The example mentioned from BS was vs AI and IIRC it was called a bug. Against the AI, shifting would be meaningless, but perhaps is done anyway. 

PM me a link to the saves or email if we already have exchanged email - I can never keep straight who I've talked to outside the forum and who I have not. :D

On 10/20/2021 at 4:35 PM, IanL said:

There is a system where by the aircraft owner does not get true locations on the launch sites. This is done by shifting the outbound rounds somewhat from their true origin.

That's really neat. I wish the same could be done not only for tracers but also for the sounds of mortars firing ... displace the seeming origin by a 100 metres or so in a random direction to prevent the other player from pinpointing the location. Come to think of it, the same would be nice for snipers and even guns firing

22 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

That's really neat. I wish the same could be done not only for tracers but also for the sounds of mortars firing ... displace the seeming origin by a 100 metres or so in a random direction to prevent the other player from pinpointing the location. Come to think of it, the same would be nice for snipers and even guns firing

That's a good idea. I like that.

Edited by IanL
oops ? instead of .