Game takes long time to launch

1 hour ago, chuckdyke said:

Could be your drive. I had the same before my old PC packed up. 

Something to look forward to. 😀

Strange thing is that I only have this problem with CM. Not with for instance IL-2, Atlantic Fleet or Command Opps 2.

33 minutes ago, PIATpunk said:

have you added the game exe to your av whitelist..

I found this solved my problem.  Before doing that, it could take 3 - 4 minutes from when I click on the shortcut to when the BF splash screen would come up.  After excluding the CM directory from AV scan, the game launches in less than 20 seconds.

1 hour ago, PIATpunk said:

have you added the game exe to your av whitelist..

24 minutes ago, MikeSinn said:

I found this solved my problem.  Before doing that, it could take 3 - 4 minutes from when I click on the shortcut to when the BF splash screen would come up.  After excluding the CM directory from AV scan, the game launches in less than 20 seconds.

That seems to have done the trick, guys. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I do, Jaws, but I've tested whether that influenced the time of launching by removing all mods, but to no avail.

Good the problem has been solved with the advice of others! I had the problem with CMBN with tons of mods on my previous laptop.