CMFI R2V and CMFB

Erwin

Can't figure out if I have R2V installed ok.  (Have lost touch with where I am with upgrades and modules.)  The CMFI game says v1.20 and here are two flag icons showing on the opening screen.  But, none of the scenarios or campaigns say "R2V"

Also, am wondering if I also need to enter the codes for game engine 3 (in addition to the engine 4 upgrade) to make my CMFB work on my new Win 10 Machine.  I looked thru my "Orders" but can't make head or tail of the list re where is the Engine 3 upgrade codes (if needed).  

If you have the 4.0 Upgrade for CMFI, just download that link (the 'all-in-one installer'). It will simplify things quite a bit.

I can't recall exactly what version 1.20 is. I would think it is Game Engine 3.0, but I'm not sure. The original base game for CMFI is Engine 2.0, so there are 3.0 and 4.0 Upgrades for it. If you purchased CMFI at release, then you would need the 3.0 and 4.0 Upgrade license keys to activate your new install fully (for the base game). R2V should require the 4.0 Upgrade to run (2.10). The latest patch/version is 2.11.

Thanks.  I will do a complete reinstall of CMFI on my Win 7.  However, can you assist me in finding my 3.0 upgrade for CMFI - I can't figure it out from MY ORDERS section. 

BTW: Also am wondering if the reason I can't get CMFB to work on my new Win 10 is that I have to use the 3.0 license keys as well as the 4.0 engine key when I install the "full installer" version.  

I made my purchase of the 3.0 Upgrade around October 2014. I can't recall if I was a little late to that release (i.e. - it had been released earlier than that).

I believe CMBS and CMFB were originally released as Engine 3 games and thus only had the 4.0 Upgrade. With CMBN, CMFI and CMRT they had 3.0 Upgrades and would need those license keys too if you were doing a fresh install of the 4.0 Upgrade 'all-in-one' installer.

So:

CMBS, CMFB:   Base game license key + 4.0 Upgrade license key

CMBN, CMFI, CMRT:  Upgrade 3.0 license key + Upgrade 4.0 license key

This licensing should get the games to run the 'base game' content. Modules and Packs would, obviously, also need their license keys activated for them to work.

Correct. CMBS and CMFB do NOT have a 3.0 Upgrade. Both games were Engine 3.0 at release. So only the 'base game' license key is necessary to get them working, if you have installed just the original game. If you have installed the 4.0 all-in-one installer, then it should need both the 'base game' AND the '4.0 Upgrade' license key to get it running.

Schrullenhaft, I had a similar problem this past January with a brand new computer, using the full installer. I got everything sorted finally. (I have everyCMx2 title, all modules and packs, and all now up to date. My question is, next time I need to re-install (heaven forbid!), will I only have to use the 4.0 key for the full installer? When we get a version 5.0, will we all need to put in the 4.0 key and the new 5.0 key?  The reason I ask, is that I don't quite see the advantage of the full installer if I need to put in all my license keys for every iteration of CMx2 (I get I don't need to install every patch, but still, I thought the idea was to put in one key and click one button, and voila! That doesn't look to be the case.)

Thanks!

With the latest 'Upgrade' installer it is typically assumed that you will need to provide the license key for that particular upgrade and the previous one. So in the case of the 4.0 Upgrade you would need the 4.0 AND the 3.0 Upgrade license keys. The exception to this depends on when you purchased the base game and what version was released at the time of purchase. So if you purchased CMBN and the 3.0 version was current, then your BASE GAME license key is version 3.0 and you would need that AND the 4.0 Upgrade license key if you are to use the latest installer. If you purchased the CMBN base game and 4.0 was the current release at the time, then your CMBN base game license key is sufficient to use the latest installer (a 3.0 Upgrade key would be unnecessary in this situation).

Uninstalling and reinstalling the games should NOT make the license key activations disappear. As long as the OS remains the same (i.e. - not reinstalled from scratch) and your hardware remains fairly the same (some hardware upgrades will trip the copy protection system - especially if there are a number of them at the same time or cumulatively). So uninstalling a game completely and reinstalling it should NOT require relicensing the games/modules. If the reinstallation includes new content (an Upgrade or a module, etc.), then you would need to activate the appropriate license key to see that new content. Otherwise it is present, but unusable. With Upgrades though, you'll need to activate that new license key to play the game at all (since the all-in-one installer will now be based on that particular Upgrade).

The full installers simply make it easier to distribute the game with all of the content and the latest patches. So there is no painful reinstallation of the games in any particular order (which confused a lot of people when it came to a game like CMBN). In CMBN's case if you purchased the Commonwealth module after having updated the game to the 3.0 Upgrade, then you would have to REAPPLY several patches and Upgrades all over again to get back where you were previously, but with the Commonwealth content now available (whereas before it wasn't present at all). There was also confusion as to what patches were necessary and which ones were a 'rollup' that included everything before it. Customers would be missing .BRZ files if they didn't get all of the correct patches installed. The all-in-one installers do away with this problem.