Umlauts Stalingrad Mod and scenarios only show up in the night

Gonzalo

Gents (and ladies, if any):

I uploaded this magnificent mod and its scenarios, but they seem to be in perpetual night.  Also, even though I've installed the Factory horizon patch into the folder  (in CMRT/Data/Z), the horizon does not show when I launch the scenario or the map in the scenario editor.  

Can anyone help please?

Much appreciated!

Please let me know when you respond: logp@live.com so I know to look here.

Edited by Gonzalo

That sounds very strange - in several ways:

Firstly, I have never heard of mods that only work at a certain time of day.

Secondly, unless my memory is failing (and that is possible) I have only made one scenario for my factory mod set. Could you please tell me the names of the scenarios?

There are a number of scenarios using, well, showcasing your mod made by (damn, don’t recall atm) and most if not all are set at night.

edit: Actually, I think they were a series of Stalingrad scenarios made to showcase Winter mods that also incorporated your mod, Umlaut. My memory is also of the sketchy type.

Edited by mjkerner

First, thank you for your responses.  

Here's what I'm seeing:

I have downloaded the SM Central Stalingrad map as well as the Railway Station, May we all be Heroes, and Restless Night files.  The scenarios show up fine, and since these take place at 0200 and 0400 hrs, I conclude the map should show as occurring at night.  

When I load them into the scenario editor, and change the parameter to "Day" and then launch the 3D Preview, the map still shows with a totally black sky--no stars, no moon.  Nothing.

And when I load the Central Stalingrad Map--not a scenario, just the map--the same thing.

Yesterday, I had some luck with the Railway Station map in a quick battle map scenario and I was thrilled to see it launched in the daylight.  When I tried to do the same today using the Central Stalingrad map for a huge quick battle, the map doesn't even appear as a choice to select from among all the other Quick Battle maps.

A perhaps related issue I see is that when I am prompted to select a map for a QB, the Bitvagorod map and at least one map I created for QBs do not populate the list for selection--at least not until I go back to the QB parameters window and select the "random" type battle.  Sometimes I have had to repeat this a few times before I finally see the map(s) I'm looking to use (but never the Central Stalingrad master map).

Please give me your thoughts/suggestions.  

Thank you!

Gonzalo

As for QBs,  the map must have an AI plan for both sides, and in order to show up in the list of scenarios, must match the mission type you selected in the QB options, that is, meeting engagement map for meeting engagements, assault map for assault, etc.

Not certain why in 3D they show up as night when you changed the parameters to daytime, but did you actually launch the scenario (not in QB, but in Battles) after you changed it to daytime just to check that it didn’t in fact change? 

Btw, you don’t by chance have movie mode on. Not a likely culprit, but it does sort of darken things.

One other thing that really shouldn’t make a difference in this situation, but may be plays into this somehow, is that time in-game is dynamic. If you leave the game open with a battle in progress for say, 8 hours, and go back and check it, in-game time will have also moved forward 8 hours, and could therefore gone from day into night or vice versa.

Thank you, MJKerner!  I think that may resolve my issue.  I did not know that mission types must match in order to show up for use in QB.  Man is this a memory hog!

"One other thing that really shouldn’t make a difference in this situation, but may be plays into this somehow, is that time in-game is dynamic. If you leave the game open with a battle in progress for say, 8 hours, and go back and check it, in-game time will have also moved forward 8 hours, and could therefore gone from day into night or vice versa."  No kidding?  I think that can be a cool feature.  

I will pay attention to the AI Plan.  I was assuming the map would be generic in that sense.

Very much appreciated.

Best,

Gonzalo

Glad I was able to help. The game also follows the moon phases, etc., for the time period of the game. Open a scenario (or go in the editor and change the time on a scenario to about 22:00 hours, but rename it so you don’t change the original) and let it run so that it goes into the night (in the game’s time), and watch the moon move across the sky over time...

Edited by mjkerner