Installing mods

Also note that one can create an unlimited number of Z subfolders also called "Z".  For example one's main User Data/Z folder may also contain Z UNIFORMS; Z FX; Z TERRAIN... etc.  If you d/l a lot of mods this will greatly help with mod management.  

It's also helpful to have a ZZ TEST MODS subfolder.  When you want to test out a mod and ensure it appears in the game put it in the ZZ TEST MODS subfolder.  The extra "Z's" ensure that the mod(s) in that folder will be loaded last and hence overwrite any conflicting mods.  (The more "Z's" one puts at the beginning of a mod folder name, the later the mods in that folder will be loaded.)

Edited by Erwin

6 minutes ago, John1966 said:

Is there a way of turning a mod off if you don't want it for a particular game?

Well, you can always take it out of the Z folder and put it elsewhere. Later, put it back in.

I have a folder, "All CM Mods". It is subdivided into other folders. I drag and drop into my Z folder as desired.