Function suggestion: Conditional action.

Hi,

I'm always playing turn based. It's great, however certain action which is possible in reality is not available in turn based. For example, when my Javalin team shot a missile, they should immediately break contact to avoid return fire. Or when the point team being engaged, they should not just try to continue moving to the destination without return fire or seek cover.

If we could define a conditional action for these units, these problem could be remedied a lot. For example, The javelin team can have a conditional action: after firing missile, fall back. Or the point team can have a conditional action: when engaged, fallback(or seek cover). 

So I suggest to add in such function to make turn based order more flexible and (maybe) more close to reality action.

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Have long suggested an automated "Wait in Ambush, Fire then Scoot to a safer location" especially for snipers, AT teams etc.

A way this could be implemented in a simple way would be to add a "Pause Until" button.

The first press of the button would make the unit "Pause until shoot", which would mean the unit stays where it is until it shoots, then the next order is carried out. 

Another press of the button would be "Pause until taking fire" - the unit waits until it takes fire or fire passes close by.

Last option could be "Pause until friendly movement" - Unit waits until a selected friendly unit completes its movement path.

Just by pressing one button a few times there would be so many tactical options.

Edited by Bulletpoint

I'm an advocate for a shoot and scoot command as well. It would work equally well for anti-tank infantry teams and vehicles. Designate the spot you want the vehicle/team to shoot from and then the place you want it to reverse to after firing. It would make it easier to fight proper BP engagements with tanks, and increase the survivability of infantry AT teams as well. 

2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

This is just waiting 15 seconds. Completely different thing.

The 15 seconds pause is there to allow your RPG team to fire on a given LOS target. You may help them by specifying a target arc.

Then, the RPG will run away without reloading its ammo.

The time between aiming and firing is not stable on its own, which will be even worse when the LOS to the target is not stable, so with pause the result may not work out as intended. I've got times my Javelin team run away without firing missile, while other times they works as I planed.

Hopefully the Devs could add something to fulfill such needs.