Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Campaign Victory Points

After a bit of guidance around designing victory points calculation within a campaign and specifically the final campaign result. 

During testing, scenarios are working ok. Germans achieve tactical victories or better and progress.

But if I throw in a draw or German defeat I can still achieve a German campaign victory.

However I only want a campaign victory if they win the final battle.

Thoughts?

It's hard to know without all of the specifics, but it sounds like the point ratio could be adjusted to get the intended result. The last scenario would need to be weighted accordingly. Testing obviously necessary- mainly to see where the average weighting would be to get the above all working together.

Maybe also look at how the points are achieved ("Spot"/"Touch" etc)- some variation can help with the point allocations in interesting ways.

This will also be a big help in keeping track of the point ratios:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/uncategorized/ithikials-combat-mission-victory-calculator-version-2/

Edited by benpark

Cheers Ben.

So far I've used 1000 points per scenario to keep things simple for my abysmal maths so every individual scenario has equal weight.

I'll start experimenting with having lower points available for the early missions / higher minimum victory levels to proceed.

I do have exit and touch objectives and in one scenario a friendly bonus.

I take it the game mechanics for the campaign are...total the points achieved by both sides up to that specific scenario then issue a result.

Is...[RED DEFEAT TEXT] You lost! Sie haben ein Auto, das darauf wartet, Sie nach Alderhorst zu bringen, auf wiedersehen

a bit harsh? 

What Ben said.

I'd also add you might want to consider rewarding the player for doing well in the previous actions otherwise conceptually if its all to win or lose on the last battle why bother with the previous ones...?

Anyways good convo re scoring in campaigns here 

5 hours ago, theforger said:

Cheers Ben.

So far I've used 1000 points per scenario to keep things simple for my abysmal maths so every individual scenario has equal weight.

I'll start experimenting with having lower points available for the early missions / higher minimum victory levels to proceed.

I do have exit and touch objectives and in one scenario a friendly bonus.

I take it the game mechanics for the campaign are...total the points achieved by both sides up to that specific scenario then issue a result.

Is...[RED DEFEAT TEXT] You lost! Sie haben ein Auto, das darauf wartet, Sie nach Alderhorst zu bringen, auf wiedersehen

a bit harsh? 

Not the KZ Lager so probably not as harsh as the very depths of that regime.