What I will hate soon !

The game will be shipped soon and the Americans and Canadian will get the game first. In the rest of the world, we'll get it weeks after and the forum will be filled with comments on how the game is greater than the gold demon and this senario is huge and so on. There will be tons of post saying "spoiler". And I will just be waiting for my game to come.

I already hate everyone who will get the game before me ! wink.gif

Yeah! - I mean not to hate those who are lucky enough to get it before me, but i hate not be able to communicate, cause i don´t have the game and be forced to wait.

Don´t worry, there are enough scenarios, that you won´t be able to remember every single spoiler information.

Ceep your head up!

Greetings to all

Jochen

Good morning all,

Now this may sound like off the wall,as i know squat about how this game is coded and whether this could work, but bear with me...

As i understand it, the game has the same code as the Gold demo we've been playing for weeks. With that in mind, what would prevent a player that has recieved the game create a DYO battle, zip it, email it to a friend in Europe, Austrailia, etc...and have them at least enjoy another scenario while they wait.

I had a similar problem way back when CE came out. I was unable to D/L the extra scenario and asked for help. Guachi was kind enough to e-mail me the entire scenario and the problem was solved. Could what i just suggested be any less possible?

Any thoughts?

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

I suppose if the scenario created for the gold demo user didn't use any new equipment that would work. But there are no textures for other vehicles in the demo, so it wouldn't be worthwhile to throw in a jagdpanther for instance.

------------------

When I die I want to go peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car

It won't work Black. There's a version checker in the PBEM file opening sequence. Charles has said in another thread: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The v1.01 player will see a message informing him that his opponent is using an older version. The v1.0 player will see a message saying "Sorry can't load this PBEM file. Please upgrade." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> The same thing obviously applies to the demo.

I inadvertantly confirmed this when I started a PBEM game against a beta tester. He initially put his VoT setup in with his Release Version and I couldn't open the file. I hope this will prevent people from running different Mods as well.

Glenn

Black, not only that, but the Gold Demo only has enough code and features in it for it to work. Full version scenarios won't work with the Demo. The Demo only knows 2 kinds of Shermans, 1 kind of StuG and 1 kind of Panther. So what happens when you throw in a Tiger?? The Demo's gonna say, "Huh, what?"

Black, as a long time member, I thought you would know this already.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Thanks Black Sabot: Great idea but as fatherof6 said it might not work.

You mentionned the same code but IIRC Steve told us, a while ago on an other thread, that we did not yet see much and that we would be even more amazed of the rest.

I just can't wait.

Jochen2 I think we, Swiss, people should get the game first because we did not draw much blood during this period of time wink.gif as any other in fact. Just kidding but it would be nice to have it first !

------------------

Veni, vidi, vici

Julius Caesar

Oh well, at least my intentions were good smile.gif

OB&G....I mean Maximus,

like i said earlier, when it comes to computer coding, i'm lost in the weeds. The only thing my member status signifies is that i talk too much (sometimes about things i know nothing about) wink.gif

------------------

"I do like to see the arms and legs fly"

Jeff,

I have an idea for you....have your copy sent to my home in the US. I hope to receive my copy before I go to Italy. I will bring my copy to Italy on June 29th, you can drive down and get it from me and by the time I get home your copy will have arrived at my house. Sound like a good idea?

------------------

"Trying to be so bad is bad enough. Don't make me laugh by talking tough."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

Jeff,

I have an idea for you....have your copy sent to my home in the US. I hope to receive my copy before I go to Italy. I will bring my copy to Italy on June 29th, you can drive down and get it from me and by the time I get home your copy will have arrived at my house. Sound like a good idea?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent Idea ! wink.gif Just tell me where in Italy should I go to pick up the game ! Although I hope that the normal procedure will get me the game sooner than the 29th of June ! wink.gif

------------------

Veni, vidi, vici

Julius Caesar

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff:

Excellent Idea ! wink.gif Just tell me where in Italy should I go to pick up the game ! Although I hope that the normal procedure will get me the game sooner than the 19th of June ! wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alright, guys wearing dark glasses showing up in cafes, with pre-arranged identification signs, carrying thin black attache cases, handing over a copy of CM. Intrigue! Romance! Combat Mission! smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Sean you are right. I discussed this with wife at dinner tonight and she thought it would be cool to do a daytrip dash into Switzerland to give Jeff his copy. Much of this plan are in Jeff and BTS' hands. But it would be cool to meet up with another CM fan while abroad one way or another.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

Sean you are right. I discussed this with wife at dinner tonight and she thought it would be cool to do a daytrip dash into Switzerland to give Jeff his copy. Much of this plan are in Jeff and BTS' hands. But it would be cool to meet up with another CM fan while abroad one way or another.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got your mail but I did not know this when I answered you. Because for me to go to Venice is about 8-10 hour train ride one way. So that does not leave us much time to see each other and the cost of the game will greatly increase. frown.gif

And what if the game does not arrive before you live the state. Then we both would be f***** up. But if you and your wife still want to come for one day to Switzerland, I'll be gald to show you around.

Thanks for the offer anyway, it is much appreciated!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

Alright, guys wearing dark glasses showing up in cafes, with pre-arranged identification signs, carrying thin black attache cases, handing over a copy of CM. Intrigue! Romance! Combat Mission! smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

attache cases handcuffed to their wrists, of course.

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley