Opening .mds files

doing a bit of exploring, you can change attachment points using similar text editing, I just changed the canteen attachment point on the smod_american_greatcoat.mds

from

....american_canteen*.bip01 pelvis (* = 12 char 0C)

to

....american_canteen*.bip01 spine (* = 11 char 0B)

This worked fine and looks better actually. The location of the canteen is moved slighlty, but now it is attached to the spine and not the pelvis so it stays rigidly attached to the belt on the greatcoat texture... when on the pelvis it moved around quite a bit depending on stance and animations...

lMb6TVl.jpg

Edited by Jace11

Noticed a bug while editing uniforms. On the american greatcoat model, soldier equipped with SMG has their SMG ammo pouches inverted. On the normal US Para model (smod_american_m42-para.mds), the orientation is correct. So I compared the data chucks and on a hunch copied a sequence of bytes which had no similarity between the two models, moving it from the para model to the greatcoat model.

This restored the correct rotation of the SMG ammo on the greatcoat model.

WKsEDRK.jpg

Edited by Jace11

M41 Front mounted binoc pouch, it is attached to spine3

im7l9E5.jpg

This was moved to rear, I tried quite a few times, different ways, I was copying data from greatcoat. But it seemed to have no effect until I moved it down the order, from spine3 to spine.???

D0i1pBF.jpg

If you want to look at the edit using hex editor both mds are in this zip.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/yadajauatboes3i/bino_swap.zip/file