SU-100, T-34/85, IS-2 and more, but what Soviet movie is this from?

IMHO, Haiduk or anyone else who can help, please identify this film so I can watch it. The clip is simply because there's a Soviet war song YT watchlist. This is the first Soviet war movie I can recall seeing with SU-100s up close, let alone with interior shots. Ma, are those 100 mm rounds impressive looking!

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

Never mind, Found it! Sadly for many of us, no subtitles in English. Has OPERATION BAGRATION written all over it, though, and so much can be followed even without knowing Russian. There is at least a full company of SU-100s in this film. Always thought the SU-100 was cool and in high school, had the motorized Tamiya 1/35 scale model. Before we crash moved to California in my senior year, my brothers and I fought a battle in the back yard using a borrowed BB gun (don't ask how we did that, for such things were forbidden to us), since we couldn't take our models with us. The SU-100 took a shot clean through the mantlet, and was judged dead and set ablaze. The Tiger 1 took a pounding but eventually succumbed, too, and became a flaming pyre. An Aurora B-29 I built for a class project on the A-Bomb (built Fat Man from a conveniently shaped flashbulb), also burned.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

There are others which do, but some Russian language films don't even have Russian subtitles. But here is a site which for sure has English subtitles. First became aware of its offerings via Amazon Prime.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuSx-lf2ft7hPceGVNHybOw

Here is an excellent 4-part miniseries. "Three Days in the Life of Lieutenant Kravtsov"

If you like 'Anthropoid", you'll love this.

You've heard of the Night Witches, right? Found this utterly engrossing and hated when it ended. If anything, it grossly under represents what these ladies did. The Wiki is quite the read.

There are many more, on a bunch of topics, including counterintelligence, fighter operations, Soviet espionage.

Not from StarMediaEN is this great Russian war film "They Fought for Their Land", by Sergei Bondarchuk, whose son Sergei Bondarchuk, Jr. did "Ninth Company", famous in its own right. "They Fought for Their Land" was filmed on a real battle site, and filming had to be moved when digging entrenchments kept turning up human bones and UXO!

Regards,

John Kettler

• 1 year later...

Took some doing, but I finally found that SU-100 film (translates as War is war) with English subtitles. The film is considered one of the best Soviet GPW films, having relatively little propaganda. The site itself sovietmoviesonline.com is a subscription site, but for $5 you can watch as many movies as you want in a single day (many longer subscription options available, and if you subscribe for a month or more, you can download), and it's got some truly fantastic things to see, such as Soviet torpedo bombers.

https://sovietmoviesonline.com/drama/na-voyne-kak-na-voyne

Regards,

John Kettler