Map Editor

Good morning ladies and germs,

This afternoon, or tomorrow, I am going to start tinkering with the map editor because I have always enjoyed making maps. This map editor seems, from what I have read, to be a rather powerful one. Actually, I have already tinkered with it but nothing worthy of showing off. 

I think I've come up with a pretty good solution for a certain aspect of the game that has been discussed recently, but I want to leave it as a surprise until I have an example of what I'm trying to accomplish. You never know, but this old fart just might surprise you. Of course, I have to find out what is the best way to take a screen-shot of my work before I can show you anything. I think what is preventing me from taking screen-shots is the software for my video card.

I hope each of you have a great weekend.

**Chris**

Edited by WhiteWolf65
Forgot a word

2 hours ago, IanL said:

If you use Nvidia cards then GeForce experience has built in screen shot taker that works very well.

Yes, I discovered this today. I have only had the new rig since January and never really explored any of the programs that came wit the card. I plan to do so and hopefully I will figure it out. I really want to show what I can do when it comes to making maps. Thanks.

7 hours ago, rocketman said:

FRAPS is easy to use for screenshots. Free download. Consider trying map overlays. Powerful tool when making maps of real life locations.

Thanks. Since I found the GForce application (mentioned by Ian) I am going to explore that first before adding anything more to my tiny SSD drive. When I did map work for Matrix Games, I used a combination of Google Earth, 1:50000 scale maps and their map editor. I can't say what game I was working on because I signed a NDA with Matrix Games/Slitherline Games and I am in no mood to be sued.

**Chris**

2 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

Looking forward to see what ideas you come up with. 😎

In the right hands the map editor is a powerful tool and can produce very realistic, good looking maps...

It will just take some tinkering but I am very familiar with the Overlay Method for making maps.

**Chris**

Edited by WhiteWolf65
Changed font and font size

5 hours ago, IanL said:

If you use Nvidia cards then GeForce experience has built in screen shot taker that works very well.

Found the command. It is alt-F1, instead of ctrl-print screen. It worked but then I had to track down where the screen-shots were saved to. You would think it would be in the Pictures Folder, nope in the Videos Folder. And the GeForce program makes a separate sub-folder for each game. Of course, I am probably telling you something you already knew about.😎

LOL that was my experience too. It took me forever to find the images after. 🙂

Just a word of warning I find that the screen capture has a habit of just stopping from time to time and to fix it I have to install the update for GeForce experience. It feels like an apple product in that regard. And a couple of times after an update I had to re-enable screen capture again.

11 minutes ago, IanL said:

LOL that was my experience too. It took me forever to find the images after. 🙂

Just a word of warning I find that the screen capture has a habit of just stopping from time to time and to fix it I have to install the update for GeForce experience. It feels like an apple product in that regard. And a couple of times after an update I had to re-enable screen capture again.

Thanks for the heads-up. G'Nite

Chris.