Questionable AI Behavior.

1 hour ago, RockinHarry said:

For mission design I appeared to have found bits of an exploit when I want certain units (player or AI) to be more likely raising hands and show the flag.

a  -2 leader i.e is the best candiate for this to happen more frequently, the more if he´s also out of C2 (to superior) link.

Interesting.  I'm going to try this out.   

1 hour ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Interesting.  I'm going to try this out.   

as said, not a safe bet. A -2 leader, green and  low motivation troops is the best base for getting more surrenders happen. Precondition is the concerned squad/team also beeing isolated and enemy infantry all around in close proximity. I once had a case in my siegfried line mission where I accidentally locked in a squad in a fake bunker (a stone building). The pillbox/house was somewhat sunken into the ground and a particular door configuration prevented the game engine to find a path for this squad out. In case the AI decided to bug it out from retreating/routing state. This squad had this -2 leader and was low on other soft factors. When the US AIP infantry closed in and put some heavy suppression on them they almost always surrendered reliably within 1-2 turns . Could repeat it in each replay again. Somewhat toyed with this squads soft factors but it seemed to be always that -2 leader stat that got the squad surrender most quickly.

If we're talking about individual surrender, genuinely surrounding them seems to be a big part of the deal.  Advancing on them with a numerically superior force often seems to be the final push to show the white flag (figuratively, for them to actually do that then vanish can sometimes take ages).

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Is that -2 leadership or -2 morale (Poor Motivation)?  :unsure:

concerning surrendering chances it´s most likely triggered by the -2 leader stat. Think if all team/squad members are still attached (no singled out pixeltroopers) it´s the leader having the main responsibility for all of the team/squad surrendering. Low motivation on the whole team/squad surely increases chances. That´s my best understanding of how it works, but random die rolls make it hard for better judgements.

5 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

If we're talking about individual surrender, genuinely surrounding them seems to be a big part of the deal.  Advancing on them with a superior force often seems to be the final push to show the white flag (figuratively, for them to actually do that then vanish can sometimes take ages).

that´s from my current understanding, yes.

Edit: If the leader or his replacement got KIA/WIA things might be a bit different. So maybe the game engine determines surrender chances for single pixeltrooper individually. Same maybe for pixeltroopers that got detached from their units/leaders.

Edited by RockinHarry