No hit decals on JpzIV 70 (A) upper front hull

12 hours ago, IanL said:

How about this then:

1408736139_CombatMission2xScreenshot2019_01.30-15_04_57_05.thumb.png.2a8095f4609b23729c7d8e77219a64bb.png

Great, it's probably just something on my end then (unless those hits close to the gun are counted as "weapon mount"? Did it say "Hit: Upper Front Hull"?)

I reloaded the same game turn several times and tried out various ways of attacking some Shermans. Didn't get a single decal on that part of the hull, despite a number of hits. But sometimes decals fail to appear, so maybe it's just me getting unlucky.

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

I have had hit decals missing sometimes, mostly in BS and SF2. I opened a thread on it in the SF2 forum. To me it seems like some textures for some players never show.

I'm seeing it in CMBN and CMFB. I always zoom in and check where AFVs get hit, and sometimes the decal is just hiding really well inside the drive wheels or such places. At other times, it's hiding underneath the textures (visible when you get the camera distance just right to do an "x ray"). But at other times, it just seems to not be there.

I don't know about the ERA blocks, because I don't play any modern titles.

6 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Great, it's probably just something on my end then (unless those hits close to the gun are counted as "weapon mount"? Did it say "Hit: Upper Front Hull"?)

I reloaded the same game turn several times and tried out various ways of attacking some Shermans. Didn't get a single decal on that part of the hull, despite a number of hits. But sometimes decals fail to appear, so maybe it's just me getting unlucky.

Weird that one vehicle model would be a problem for you though. Yes, many of those did say Upper Front Hull. Clearly there were weapon mount its too but plenty of them said upper front hull.

Yes, sometimes hit decals hide in clever places :)

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

I have had hit decals missing sometimes, mostly in BS and SF2. I opened a thread on it in the SF2 forum. To me it seems like some textures for some players never show. Also sometimes for me in the modern titles ERA blocks don't disappear when hit.

Yeah, looking at that is on my list. It is not every ERA block that fails to disappear I see them working as expected many times. They are working in my standard test cases.

There is a known limitation that on the turn a block is removed rewinding the clock does not replace it so during that play back once it goes it doesn't get put back.