How does this work?

So, this probably has been covered somewhere but I can't find it so I'll just ask. I have CM normandy v1 from way back. I then bought v3 a few years ago, but didn't install it (I forget why). That's not entirely true, as when you go to update it it says that you must already have 3.11 installed, which is confusing and makes me think something's wrong. Plus I have an ultrawide monitor and the menu screens are all tiny and hard to read. I'm guessing that I've done something wrong. If someone could tell me from square one how to get the program up and running, that'd be appreciated. If there's any graphics mods/packs I should grab and install, let me know about those as well.

Always best to start with the helpdesk... and I say that because to answer your question I had to go there... I frankly wasn't sure I'd remember it correctly :P 

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127908

There may be a shorter variant if you bought v3 and can use the all in one installer.  Best bet is to actually check with the helpdesk and they can confirm for you.  If that is the case I think you just redownload and apply your v3 activation.

One of these will get your version updated.  The monitor is likely a whole other issue, I would run that by the helpdesk as well though a kind soul here who is familiar with that issue might have an answer for you.

Thanks a bunch! Turns out that it was much easier than I had thought as I had the 10 gig pack of everything. The menu displays are still oddly sized - this on a laptop, so different PC than before. Perhaps a windows 10 issue? Would anyone know if that may be a problem? 

Also, I seem to recall that you could replace the standard textures with higher res ones with CM v1, is that still a thing? If so, is there a nice one that I could grab? Both PC's that I'm using are i7's so I don't think computer power would be an issue.

1 hour ago, Kai_Lae said:

Also, I seem to recall that you could replace the standard textures with higher res ones with CM v1, is that still a thing? If so, is there a nice one that I could grab? Both PC's that I'm using are i7's so I don't think computer power would be an issue.

Most CM2 textures are hi-res (compared to CMBO) but there are probably mods out there that are a bit bigger than the stock stuff. And if you want to take the most advantage of mods with say multiple textures make sure you have your graphics set to best in the options settings.

Mord.