Troops running away, cowering etc...

Guys, do you ever notice in some battles all your troops do is cower or run away and you spend the WHOLE clock time moving them back into the house or pushing delete to cancel the withdraw for the ENTIRE GAME? So guys the scale goes:

typical

elite

crack

veteran

regular

green

conscript

The green and conscript just cower and take pop shots or run into line of fire. These are way below human mindsets, I believe the game would be  WAY better played if the scale via game designer shifts these closer up the scale to regular! Green and conscript are almost like drunks or animals running around (chickens) and no where near any human common sense even on that level.

They're going to patch this behavior at some point. No idea when though. In engine 4.0 they made it so troops break cover and run away when they take any kind of HE fire. It's really annoying sometimes. I can spend ages laying out a careful defensive plan, putting my guys in good keyhole positions and so on, but then the moment a stray mortar round lands nearby, my guys immediately abandon these carefully thought-out positions and start running around all over the place, giving their positions away, exposing themselves to more fire, and putting the entire defense at risk. It can be silly to watch. The safest place to be when there are shells flying about is lying down at the bottom of your holes, not running around dammit!

I can see why they would add that in, as it makes sense that guys would get up and run for cover if they are caught out in the open in an artillery barrage. The problem is that they do it when they are in trenches and foxholes too. The game doesn't make any distinction between cover and no cover.

I've been avoiding the WW2 games because of this. They seem to have fixed it in Shock Force 2, and I've been seeing infantry behave a lot more reasonably there. 

• 2 weeks later...