major bugs in pbem

Tried and failed to set up a pair of SF2 PBEM quick battles, syria v syria meeting engagement, tiny/small, mixed forces (don't remember map first time). 

Try 1: set up 2 different games with the above settings and sent them to two different players.

bug1: the map changed from the one I selected

bug2: opposing players had most of their units disappear from force selection -> deployment.

Try 2: same thing except the map stayed correct - the opposing forces AGAIN disappeared so they only have a handful of BTRs. map: desert crossroads

I only have the base module.  One opponent has expansions, one doesn't. 

This is on top of my game crashing almost every time I press 'suggest forces' for qb, regardless of settings.

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

This I suspect is the root of the issue.....If they choose something from one of the modules that your install doesn't recognise things will probably not go well.

Actually that is supposed to work. The player with just the base module should be able to use base game factions and units and their opponent should be able to use what ever units they have access too.

4 hours ago, IanL said:

Actually that is supposed to work. The player with just the base module should be able to use base game factions and units and their opponent should be able to use what ever units they have access too.

Either way, the disappearing units were a diminished Guards tank company both times, and I made sure they don't belong to an expansion.

Sadly I didn't get screenshots of the setup from either attempt. Currently trying to see what happens if I make the initial file instead.

Edit: Also made sure the tank company spawns as normal in a singleplayer QB.

Edited by Rujasu

Tried the same and everything worked fine.

What I suspect is happening is that somehow XMAZ's install is corrupt. If the map changes between him saving the QB and me opening it, there's definitely bits in places they shouldn't be. The disappearance of the tank company also indicates to me that the data in the save file telling what units to load has gone bad.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 4:52 PM, Rujasu said:

Tried the same and everything worked fine.

What I suspect is happening is that somehow XMAZ's install is corrupt. If the map changes between him saving the QB and me opening it, there's definitely bits in places they shouldn't be. The disappearance of the tank company also indicates to me that the data in the save file telling what units to load has gone bad.

eyyy so the thing is I've reinstalled 3 times before rujasu recommended it and idk what the deal is.  I'll work with rujasu to get screens of the setup and try to replicate it

@IanL also rujasu tried creating a game after my reinstall and I wasn't able to join at all, said wrong module version (in red script, said it was X version, don't remember if it was NATO or marines)

@Sgt.Squarehead as long as they're aware of the 'suggest forces' bug i'm fine

Edited by professionalXMAZ
editing what i said to make more clear...