Panzerfaust!!?

I have played several scenario in which I never seen any German troop fire their panzerfaust at any tank at all. The only time I saw it being used was against another UK squad. Now my problem is in what range will these troop fight this anti-tank weapon at another tank. I have ever seen that my squad is as close as 30m to a station tank but they dont fire too. From the information that I read from book and from ASL exp. Panzerfaust should have an effective range ( I means good chance for hitting the target) of up to 80m or so. Anybody have any idea? Thks.

LaiKay

I have one occaion when a Sherman broke thru my infantry defense and started shooting wild. I have 2 squads hidden in wood. First, I asked them to target and shoot but they "refused". Then, I moved them near the tank and you know -- ka boom! The tank went blazed and I saw one of the squad lost their 'fraust. Give it a try -- but not on me. <VBG> biggrin.gif

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

Whether or not a squad will use a Panzerfaust depends on many conditions. Among them are:

experience (higher is better)

morale (ditto)

whether the squad believes it can hurt/kill the tank (they might think "it won't work"

whether the squad is being hammered by lots of incoming fire (if they are, they'll be less likely to use a PF against a tank)

Squads may fire a Panzerfaust at a tank while simultaneously firing small arms at a different target.

DjB

The faust, and the game models this quite nicely) was not just one weapon. There were several variants. If you ahve aunit with one, look at the detail screen to see what its range is.

Actually, it would be nice if the faust icon on the forward screen included a number showing its type, maybe a superscript showing a 3/6/10 or something.

Anyway, part of the problem with the faust in the game is that spotting is not done on an individual unit basis, making it very hard to stalk a tank with a squad.

But they are there, and they do get used, when appropriate.

Jeff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LaiKay:

I have played several scenario in which I never seen any German troop fire their panzerfaust at any tank at all. The only time I saw it being used was against another UK squad. Now my problem is in what range will these troop fight this anti-tank weapon at another tank. I have ever seen that my squad is as close as 30m to a station tank but they dont fire too. From the information that I read from book and from ASL exp. Panzerfaust should have an effective range ( I means good chance for hitting the target) of up to 80m or so. Anybody have any idea? Thks.

LaiKay<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Others beat me to the punch, but if you think of it in ASL terms, your squads are probably failing their PAATC. Like Jeff said, also check the unit detail screen to see what version of PF they have. My troops have never seemed too shy about using their PFs, even when they're inside a building and end up pinning themselves, torching the building.... mad.gif

Anyway, PFs are controlled by the TacAI, so about all you can do is get your troops to a good firing position and hope they do the right thing.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Jeff....:re your comment

quote:

Actually, it would be nice if the faust icon on the forward screen included a number showing its type, maybe a superscript showing a 3/6/10 or something

If u click on ur troops then click enter...u can see the type of faust they carry...it'll say "2 Panzerfaust30" or whatever in read......hope that helps.

Guest dirkd1976

I've seen 'em work a number of times....The first few games I played I lost a handful of tanks to them....I learned real quick to STAY AWAY from german infantry!!

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

I find them to be very effective.. In a recent PBEM against a German player, I lost an M-10 to one.. Playing as a German, I use them all the time.. Just recently in a hotseat game, I torched 2 halftracks from greater than 100meters (it was a 'shreck I think).

In another PBEM, I brewed up a Sherman that ran up the road beside my inf squad..In this case it did torch the bldg and my boys had to bail (with tragic consequences)....

------------------

Land Soft--Kill Quiet

Fox wrote:

> If u click on ur troops then click enter...u can see the type of faust they carry...

Jeff just explained this. What he was suggesting was that the primary unit info panel could have an indicator, on top of the Panzerfaust icons, of what type they were.

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

Guest Big Time Software

David,

We didn't think this to be necessary because the fausts are date dependent. In other words, on x date all of your squads will have y Panzerfaust. So at most you only need check one squad during setup and you will know what all your squads have for the rest of the game. But after playing a while you get to know this based on date. Or you can at least rule out one of the three types quite easily.

As others have said... PFs are used, and are used often. The trick is the conditions the squad is in at the time the opportunity to fire comes up. In a PBEM game with a friend I whacked two M3 HTs that wandered too close to some of my guys. One of which got greased by a squad I sent forward with the purpose of getting the HT silenced.

Steve

Thks for all the information. I get a better understand of PF. So is those panzerfaust30, 40, ... 100 is like those FP in ASL of 44 version, 45 version etc? (Sorry keep using ASL as a comparision cuz it's easy for me to understand). Thank you

LaiKay

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LaiKay:

Thks for all the information. I get a better understand of PF. So is those panzerfaust30, 40, ... 100 is like those FP in ASL of 44 version, 45 version etc? (Sorry keep using ASL as a comparision cuz it's easy for me to understand). Thank you

LaiKay<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. An easier way to think of it is the version of PF (30, 60, 100) is the effective range in meters.

PF100 = 100m range(+ or - some).

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)