Thank you and Hello!

Guru

Hi - I just wanted to say thank you to both BTS and the U.S. Postal office for delivering CM to me right on time. It actually did take 1-2 days for BTS to process the order and 4-5 days for the U.S.P.S to deliver. I must say that I was a little shocked at first to see only the packaged manual and not the CD for a few moments till I realized that the CD was tightly packed IN the manual heh.

I also wanted to say "hello" to everyone on this board now that I've gotten the full copy of CM. I've been reading this board for a while but never posted anything, and can I just tell you how refreshing and nice it is to have people who don't flame each other on this forum and give well-thought out responses. Could be the average age as the cause, but whatever it is I'm glad smile.gif

I used to play Close Combat 1 and CC2, esp. CC2 ALL THE TIME! But after playing CC3 I didn't like the emphasis on only tanks and I soon stopped playing the series. Now most of my time is devoted to Quake 3 (heh please no flames - the game requires pure reflex and coordination skills + teamwork to play and it's damn fun), but after receiving CM I think things are going to start changing drastically.

I can't wait to install the new mods too! I have a quick question though: Is the version I've received already updated with the latest patch or do I need to download the new ones (not counting the beta patch that's out)? And also where can I find the version number in game? Thanks!

On the first splash screen of CM (where you pick "Play Game", "Create Scenario", etc.) you will find the version number in the lower right corner on the brown bar.

More than likely you probably have a v. 1.02 CD (which was the latest revision at the time the last batch was probably created). You will need to download the v. 1.05 patch and possibly the public beta (which doesn't necessarily have to replace the 1.05 version) if you want to play via TCP/IP.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>. I must say that I was a little shocked at first to see only the packaged manual and not the CD for a few moments till I realized that the CD was tightly packed IN the manual heh.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I think everyone has this moment of worry, as I did too when I got mine. I think this is BTS's way of f*****g with our minds.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>used to play Close Combat 1 and CC2, esp. CC2 ALL THE TIME! But after playing CC3 I didn't like the emphasis on only tanks and I soon stopped playing the series. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You already have my respect for quitting the CC series after #2. Obviously you have a great respect for infantry. Me too. I still play CC2 on the side to get my fix for real time action and the excellent job that game did in displaying the individual soldier. Unfortunately, the AI pissed me off so much my last game that I killed my mouse.

No problem. Just bought one of those new optical mice and boy do they work like a charm. I'll keep the old one around to use as a "throwable object" the next time the CC2 AI pisses me off...which should be the next game I play.

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

Welcome to CM and the board

On your left you will see arguments about the size of something's barrel and what it will penetrate. Best Avoided.

On your right you see the Muttha Beautiful Peng Challenge cesspool. Best not seen, tasted, applied to your body, stepped in, thought about, drank, secreted, considered, flown over, driven past, spied on or entered.

All around you you will see generic discussion with the odd jet of flame.

Enjoy.

PeterNZ

------------------

"I can be quite pleasant, you know" - Andreas

"WHERE'S THE MOAT?!" - Jon

Thanks for happily assimilating me CM Borg - and thanks Schullencraft for the help. Deadmarsh, I know the feeling about the AI in CC2, as I've often found myself yelling at the screen when playing on the zone against other players.

As for the Peng thread Peter, after starting to read it around page 19 or so, and not really understanding what's going on, I decided it's prolly best not to delve much further into it or to go back and read all the other pages smile.gif

And thanks for the welcome!

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

A little training is all that this one needs. Get back in line private! Stop figeting! Stand up straight, shoulders back, and SHUUUT UP!

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guru:

I must say that I was a little shocked at first to see only the packaged manual and not the CD for a few moments till I realized that the CD was tightly packed IN the manual heh.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. I think BTS used extra flexible CDs for CM, because I got really scared when the manual bent just like there was no CD in it. I am glad that they saved on packaging, though.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest MantaRay

LOL, when I opened the package, and only saw the manual, I actually turned the package upside down and felt to see if there was a secret lining. The postman (who btw said I didnt have a package, and then stuffed one in my box) must have thought I was smoking carpet fibers or something.

Then the wife suggested I open the shrinkwrap, and lo and behold.....Gold.

Ray

Guru

Junior Member posted 12-11-2000 07:28 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi - I just wanted to say thank you to both BTS and the U.S. Postal office for delivering CM to me right on time. It actually did take 1-2 days for BTS to process the order and 4-5 days for the U.S.P.S to deliver. I must say that I was a little shocked at first to see only the packaged manual and not the CD for a few moments till I realized that the CD was tightly packed IN the manual heh.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

The peng thread is where we taunt and abuse each other about games we're playing and challenge each other to more games to make up for past, current, future sleights and stuff. smile.gif

No point in trying to understand it. It just -is-

PeterNZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You sure do go on, Peter.

Welcome, Guru!!!

------------------

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal