Remember LAST Thanksgiving?

Remember the excitement in the air?

We were SO sure we'd have the game, or at least the Gold demo, by Christmas. That was some truly palpable excitement.

None of us (not counting beta testers) had ever seen a Panther. Or a mine.

On-board indirect fire wasn't.

There were no dead bodies and the subject was a VERY hot topic.

We wondered if there would ever be a game with more than a company on either side.

A DYO scenario builder was a heck of an idea.

No one was sick of CE yet.

Panzerfausts were laughable useless things on the unit equipment tables.

The Hellcat was the most-feared Allied vehicle (might still be!).

I'll bet there's lot's more....

I just wanted everyone to fall asleep after the turkey so I could sneak back to the incredible beta demo.

Thanks BTS for the best wargame ever made. You made us wait and then exceeded this industry's wildest expectations. Looking back, this has been the best gaming year of my life (and thus one of the most wasted since I got out of college, but in a more benign way).

I would rather lose, playing CMBO, than win playing any other game I've ever owned.

Happy Thanksgiving, BTS. I doubt if CMBO was what the Pilgrims had in mind, but Combat Mission is truly something to be thankful for.

Guest Madmatt

One year ago today I was still trying to convince Fionn to let me help with CMHQ.

Working for Battlefront.com wasn't even imaginable.

Steve told me Thanks but No Thanks, we got enough Beta Testers! psst...It was Charles I won over though, a month later! wink.gif

I responded to all attempts at provacation on the Forum by telling the other guy to BITE ME!

THIS was my only website:

www.isoc.net/madmatt/index.html

What a long strange trip it's been!

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

One year ago today I was still trying to convince Fionn to let me help with CMHQ.

Working for Battlefront.com wasn't even imaginable.

Steve told me Thanks but No Thanks, we got enough Beta Testers! psst...It was Charles I won over though, a month later! wink.gif

I responded to all attempts at provacation on the Forum by telling the other guy to BITE ME!

THIS was my only website:

www.isoc.net/madmatt/index.html

What a long strange trip it's been!

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Madmatt.

Charles "pick me" "pick me" to Beta test.

Does any body remember 2 years ago?

I was only a dream. Only to come true.

------------------

Boris Balaban

WORK bbalaban@rim.net

HOME b.balaban@home.com

I think it was around this time that a certain Bullethead posted in the flight sim forum that I frequented about a game called Combat Mission and something called the CMMC. I think I d/led the beta demo almost exactly a year ago. I made my first post here at the 12th of January and has continued downhill since then. I even had my old account deleted during some Refreshing Monkey incident.

So yeah, I'm just a durn newbie but I think I agree with Mark IV (shudder) that this has indeed been my best gaming year ever.

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

I remember back when I was "Wehrmacht", YES, even before I was "Ol' Blood & Guts" when I posted a thread called "Combat Mission needs..." and I chose the option of an email notification everytime a response was made. Boy, I thought that thread would never go away! And then it wasn't too long after that when the board crashed and I changed my name to Ol' Blood & Guts. I then lost that name during the infamous "Refreshing Monkey" craze in the wake of the Gold Demo release back in May.

Although I wasn't around on last Thanksgiving, I soon was sometime in early January. D/L'ed the Beta Demo and immediately preordered the turkey, no pun intended wink.gif the very next day, even with those graphics from Madmatt's link above. eek.gif

For you guys still bitchin' about CM's graphics, I sincerely urge you to check out what CM looked like in the Beta Demo days from the above mentioned link. CM of today is 500% better looking than it was then.

------------------

--"We want information."

--"Information."

--"Information."

--"Who are you?"

--"The new Number 2."

--"Who is Number 1?"

--"You are Number 6."

--"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

--"Hahahahahahahaha."

Beatcha.

Course you've done it the hard way, without the Cesspool traffic to keep the numbers up. Geez, if I had to make sense in every post I'd still be in the double-digit range (or would I...hmmm).

You have all the makings of a fine Cesspudlian. Love your homepage. Now quit trying to kill my thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

I remember back when I was "Wehrmacht", YES, even before I was "Ol' Blood & Guts" when I posted a thread called "Combat Mission needs..." and I chose the option of an email notification everytime a response was made. Boy, I thought that thread would never go away! And then it wasn't too long after that when the board crashed and I changed my name to Ol' Blood & Guts. I then lost that name during the infamous "Refreshing Monkey" craze in the wake of the Gold Demo release back in May.

Although I wasn't around on last Thanksgiving, I soon was sometime in early January. D/L'ed the Beta Demo and immediately preordered the turkey, no pun intended wink.gif the very next day, even with those graphics from Madmatt's link above. eek.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicely said...for once.I came only March good old Beta Demo! When I frist got it well lets just say it got used a lot.Maxium is also right about the graphics so stop buging BTS ot make them better!

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQS bord

Sniff... The memories...

Remember crying over the lack of an ambush command? It was hide or don't hide, pick your poison.

Remember following Fionn's Alpha battle AAR? I still go back and read over it.

Remember when this forum was divided into the haves and have-nots? Those lucky beta testers, talking about pz IVs, Panthers and the like, while the rest of us had nothing but hellcats and tigers.

Remember thinking how cool it would be to make a CM map of your house, with AT guns defending the driveway and sharpshooters in each window? (Anyone want to see mine?)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm blowing the dust off the beta demo tonight for one more game of Reisburg.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Sniff... The memories...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm blowing the dust off the beta demo tonight for one more game of Reisburg.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um its in the game you know!

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQS bord

Guest Madmatt

You know Rob, I am willing to bet hard cash that somewhere in one of your school yearbooks there is a signature that says "Stay Sweet" isn't there? biggrin.gif

I will say this for ya kid, you have taken some pretty hard knocks on this forum but you have stuck to your guns and stayed true to yourself. I admire that.

Now go and update your page or somefink.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

You know Rob, I am willing to bet hard cash that somewhere in one of your school yearbooks there is a signature that says "Stay Sweet" isn't there? biggrin.gif

I will say this for ya kid, you have taken some pretty hard knocks on this forum but you have stuck to your guns and stayed true to yourself. I admire that.

Now go and update your page or somefink.

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Matt I am still in School grade 10 this year!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Um its in the game you know!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I know that. The new versions just don't feel the same as the beta though, with their bright graphics and 3D targeting lines.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

You got me loading up the old beta demo too 109 and yes, things sure have changed!

Either it is a case of Nvidia displaying the graphics differently to my old 3Dfx or me having forgotten/repressed how vastly different it all looked, I mean, LOS lines disappearing into hill sides.

Ah, those where the days...

Thanks for bring back the memories!

M.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

Matt I am still in School grade 10 this year!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhh...Rob! I'm in Grade 10 too!

I remember the good ol' days. Captain Manieri, the Yahoo chat club, Madmatt's thank you page (It's about time the world sees it Matt!) and all the other crazy things.

Have a look at the first page of the forum. You can see Fionn ask questions like 'Will hand to hand combat be modeled?'.

I've been around since July/99 and I'm not leavin' for a while!

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

A major source of Wild Bill scenarios!

[This message has been edited by Colin (edited 11-28-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Wow! Thanks for the memories guys smile.gif I remember showing my family Combat Mission for the first time so they could see that I wasn't just goofing off. Man... that seems like yesterday...

Steve