"Fire for Effect" produces no fire, or effect.

During a recent game in CMBS, I called in some on-map 120mm mortars, received the 'Fire For Effect' call the previous turn, then the mortar man decided to do this for the next minute:

I've reported on this issue before. Save game is available here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzfj3nbmnh6sf2h/FIRE FOR EFFECT.bts?dl=0

Man, you're just cold. That poor guy obviously got hit with a case of the shakes. It happens.

;)

I just grabbed the file. Thanks for putting it up there...  It will be presented to the powers-that-be, behind the walls of Mordor.

49 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

I WILL NOT HAVE COWARDS IN MY ARMY!! ;)

Thanks. I was just mad because his diddling around cost me several casualties.

I've not looked at it yet. My guess is that there is going to be something up with the min/max range. More likely the min. For some low-trajectory indirect fire weapons there can be an intervening obstacle which greatly increases the printed min range. A mortar, although less susceptible to such LOF obstacles, may still have a blind zone or two. Shrug. That's a guess. I've got the file, so I'll poke, and let you know what I see...

12 hours ago, c3k said:

Man, you're just cold. That poor guy obviously got hit with a case of the shakes. It happens.

;)

I just grabbed the file. Thanks for putting it up there...  It will be presented to the powers-that-be, behind the walls of Mordor.

Mordor? And here I was thinking they were nice little hobbitses from the Shire. My world view is crumbling...

11 hours ago, MikeyD said:

(Spoiler alert)   I advanced to the next turn and the spotter immediately fell to enemy fire. Perhaps the poor spotter's fate had already been sealed as the previous turn came to an end. Like bullets-in-the-air kind'a stuff. :huh:

Once 'Fire for Effect' is called, the strike should arrive, regardless of the health and safety of the spotter.

1 hour ago, General Jack Ripper said:

Once 'Fire for Effect' is called, the strike should arrive, regardless of the health and safety of the spotter.

I have noticed sometimes that what you hear in communication isn't always in sync with what you see on screen.