BTS Update - please?

Guest Big Time Software

Both Charles and I took the bulk of the last week off for various reasons, so there isn't that much more to tell. We're trying to wrap up all the textures (easier said than done!) in the next 2 weeks or so. Charles has also tweaked the way Operations work at the request of our testers. Sometimes issues take a while to surface. Minor things for the most part, but certain types of Operations ("Destroy" missions on a single map) needed some parameter changes.

Er... that's about it wink.gif Hopefully MadMatt will have some new vehicles and guns to show you guys by early next week.

Steve

Guest Captain Manieri

So, theoretically what you're saying is, just textures need work? Alright!! Am I right or wrong?

You couldn't use CoolColJs textures anyway in the Gold Version of the game since the image format or something has changed IIRC...

Anyways, beta demo is MONTHS old.. I was trying to upload a pic showing just what has been done with buildings since then but haven't been able to... Once Matt sorts the issue out I'll post a URL here for you to look at.

With regard to the Tweaked Textures:

How is the mood at BTS about this mod. From what I can tell CoolColJ's work is, ahem, a little bit better than what I see in the POTDs. Some of it, like the church or the buildings I would simply call perfect. Does this not put a lot of pressure on the BTS artist? How do they feel about this?

Curious,

Thomm

SO COME ON BTS WHEN IS YOUR GOLD DEMO RELEASE DATE, IT MUST BE NEAR NO?

IF NOT THEN FINE, BUT AT THIS LATE DATE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE A MONTH? (ASSUMING ITS ALMOST DONE, WHICH YOU AND SENIOR MEMBERS SEEM TO INDICATE ON A WEEKLY BASIS)

OR MAYBE YOU JUST DONT WANT TO, (ie MARKETING DECISION) FINE.....

PLEASE JUST DONT SAY WE DONT KNOW.....I FIND THAT TOTALLY SHOCKING THAT YOU HAVE NO IDEA ON WHEN (QUARTER/MONTH) THE PRODUCT YOU HAVE INVESTED THOUSANDS OF HOUR/DOLLARS WILL BE RELEASED !!!!

APPRECIATE THE UPDATE JUST WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE SPECIFIC INFO LIKE WHAT ELSE NEEDS TO BE DONE AND HOW LONG YOU ANTICIPATE IT TO TAKE. IF IT TAKES LONGER SO WHAT! IT IS JUST NICE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE AIMING FOR THATS ALL.

REDUCES OUR STRESS LEVELS smile.gif

Guest Germanboy

ICEE93,

since using caps lock indicates screaming, IIRC, my stress levels go through the roof when trying to read it. smile.gif Try decaf or maybe get a new keyboard smile.gif

------------------

Andreas

Guest hunt52

As to the month - I would be willing to bet that they get the game done before the end of February. wink.gif

- Bill

"REDUCES OUR STRESS LEVELS"

After reading your post my stress-level has gone haywire. smile.gif

Anyway, just wait for BTS to post something (info or gold-demo). Asking constantly won't speed up things. If they say "it's done when it's done", it could mean 3 weeks...and even 2 years or more.

Even IF they were giving a release-date i wouldn't put my money on it. Why? Just take any other game existing. I can't remember a game being released at the FIRST release-date mentioned.

IIRC, BTS were going to release CM in the summer of '99...later during that winter. It never happened. How would you feel when such game (much anticipated if i might add) gets postponed all the time? You would prolly feel sad...very sad. You don't have THISfeeling NOW...you are just anxious. Personally i'm rather anxious then sad smile.gif

Anyway, i'm sure BTS will release CM when it's done and no day earlier. Just sit tight, relax, take it easy...take a...Tiger or something smile.gif

PanzerShark

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hunt52:

As to the month - I would be willing to bet that they get the game done before the end of February. wink.gif

- Bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What am I going to do for the next year! eek.gifwink.gif

Guess I'll get serious about finishing that degree. Then again trout season is just around the corner...

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

Guest Big Time Software

Misc. answers...

The textures I am working on are all ground up. Vehicles and guns. None of CCJ's stuff is related to this.

Shipping date? Still dunno. We are still waiting for a few things to fall into place before sticking our necks out again wink.gif February just came and went, so that is an obvious "NOT!" wink.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

I was trying to upload a pic showing just what has been done with buildings since then but haven't been able to... Once Matt sorts the issue out I'll post a URL here for you to look at.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that's up at my site now. There's a link downbelow. It's also at Bill Carey's site but I don't know the URL. Thanks Fionn!

------------------

Visit my webpage!

http://cm4mac.tripod.com

No need to worry people

CCJs Tweaked Tetxures v2.0 will work with the Gold version - unless Charles has implemented a Pak/encyprted file scheme tongue.gif

All BTS have done is increase the texture sizes of certain tetxures in the newer builds. Because its D3D, you can use any texture size you want, mix and match - it all works ok! smile.gif That's why the newer building look sharper - larger textures = sharper more detailed and realistic textures biggrin.gif

But its a different thing with the Mac version of course wink.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 03-02-2000).]