Strategic Sentinel OSINT report on Kerch Strait Bridge

One of my brothers sent me this. together with his opinion this site looked like a good source. A fast skim of the article and the conclusions drawn in it cause me to concur. Strategic Sentinel is a civilian geospatial organization located in Herndon, Virginia. For the Russians, the Kerch Strait Bridge is a very big deal and has serious security implications for Ukraine. 47 trains/day and 40,000 vehicles/day provide huge logistic capabilities for Russia, a nation which used to have to rely on ferries, to move troops, equipment, and supplies across the Kerch Strait. 

https://www.strategicsentinel.org/single-post/2017/08/31/The-Kerch-Strait-Bridge-August-29th-Progress

Regards,

John Kettler

IMHO,

Thanks for the photo, but I gasped over your noting the figures were for train pairs. Does the track configuration allow for simultaneous one-way traffic on parallel tracks all exiting Russian and crossing the Kerch Strait, in a manner akin to the US Redball Express of WW II fame?  If so, I shudder to think what 94 trains could move in a hurry.

Regards,

John Kettler

On January 6, 2018 at 10:31 PM, John Kettler said:

For the Russians, the Kerch Strait Bridge is a very big deal and has serious security implications for Ukraine.

It also has serious commercial implications, which probably add considerable impetus to the decision to proceed with the project.

Michael

3 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Had a quick look in Google Maps.....It's weird, there are two parallel tracks leading to the construction site but they kind of fade in and out of existence as though the image has been composited from distinctly different dates.

FWIW

Yes, Google.Maps does this. Moreover G.M with no tips and tricks applied is not a real map from geodesy point of view