BIGTIME problem with the new 1.04 patch

My tanks ignore other tanks pretty much 100% of the time now in favor of hitting infantry with main gun....i just played a game and lost 2 tigers cuz they wanted that 1 HQ guy rather than the single sherman firing at will..it also seems that the AI doesn't play by the "we go" rules....everytime i play..the AI reacts to my moves..ie...i decide in turn 2 to move out of the trees and attack the Sherman...how lucky for the AI to know i am going to do this 100% of the time, take a shot before i can take one, fire smoke and retreat behind trees frown.gif. Still..best combat game i ever played tho..keep up the excellent work Battlefront guys/gals!

I haven't noticed this..

I just played one tiny and one massive quick battle with the new patch.

Seems my tanks engaged the most immediate threat all the time. Especially other armor and anit-tank teams.

Maybe your tank saw that HQ's unit as a more serious threat at the moment.

Well those damn hq units are a real threat to any tanks. I believe they have sticky bombs the number of times I get tigers immobilized by hq squads. The way the hq squads will sprint across a whole field, attack your tank, then start running away all in one 60-second turn is annoying (are all hq squads track stars?).

Also I have noticed that AI allied tanks get to fire, one or two shots, then as soon as my turrent starts to turn towards them they lay 1-3 smoke bombs in front of themselves and retreat behind this cloud before I get a chance to fire back. I have yet to see my tacai do this, though I suppose tiger tanks don't generally feel the need to lay smoke and retreat.

hmmm

-johnS

mabey i need to completely reinstall the game cuz it ignores tanks for infantry many yards away (beyond bazooka range) (i was axis)...i tried several scenarios....it will ALWAYS favor any walking target over any tank so i'll try the reinstall.....wish me luck...good to hear u guys aren't having this so its in my puter only *whew*

Feel free to download "Normandy!" scenario...complete with a beach and some great atmoshere....vote favorably for it at the site if u like it...i need to get its ratings up to increase downloads smile.gif

http://combathq.thegamers.net/depot.html

.a good source for custom scenarios and new terrain textures and stuff

I havn't noticed a problem either.

Just played a scenario(no names so not to spoil anythin) and my TD on hunt tracked down through a panther,Puma and HT totaly ignoring infantry small arms fire from a ridge next to them. Then ran like a good'un when a PzShrek opened up on it..

On the old version it would have targeted the panther crew !(then died) biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

Well those damn hq units are a real threat to any tanks. I believe they have sticky bombs the number of times I get tigers immobilized by hq squads. The way the hq squads will sprint across a whole field, attack your tank, then start running away all in one 60-second turn is annoying (are all hq squads track stars?).

Also I have noticed that AI allied tanks get to fire, one or two shots, then as soon as my turrent starts to turn towards them they lay 1-3 smoke bombs in front of themselves and retreat behind this cloud before I get a chance to fire back. I have yet to see my tacai do this, though I suppose tiger tanks don't generally feel the need to lay smoke and retreat.

hmmm

-johnS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes HQ squads tank killer extrodaniers smile.gif they will charge an tank within MK1 eyball range wink.gif.

Yes I see the same AI tanks usualy get off a quicker shot or 2 then smoke & reverse, I wish mine did that to.

I played VB today to try and check out the Tiger mantlet & I did see a Tiger & a PzKpfw IV ignore an Firefly to fire at an inf squad, the Sqd was 30ms away walking towards the left side of the tanks, the Firefly was 300ms or so comeing up the left street. Luckily the inf ran away & the Fly missed twice & the PzKpfw IV & Firefly KO'd each other.

What I didn't like was watching Wittmanns Tiger spin its turret 360^ to follow an half track while advancing up the center street, it got the Wittmann & crew a walk back to their lines, as the Tiger drove thru an intersection with its turret at 6:00, tracking the HT and was side hull hit before the turret made it to 5:00 position. Now that HT was 0 threat to a Tiger as well.

Regards, John Waters

-----------

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!".

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 08-19-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I played VB today to try and check out the Tiger mantlet & I did see a Tiger & a PzKpfw IV ignore an Firefly to fire at an inf squad, the Sqd was 30ms away walking towards the left side of the tanks, the Firefly was 300ms or so comeing up the left street.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well i suppose this might be a case of "we see the threat coming but your tank hasn't...yet...." All our tank sees is scurrying infantry close by with what might be satchel charges, bazookas, or flamethrowers possibly.... or it might be one of those super-hq tank busters wink.gif

-johnS

The Computer AI still cheats like a basta%d tho..my tanks emerge from a tree line and suddenly the shermans open up smoke in my exact line of fire hehe.....also..the computer AI sure likes to smoke...smokes like a fiend. Every quick battle i do looks like downtown London on a foggy day at some point in the match hehe..welp...at least its to no avail...i beat the poor puter 100% of the time now smile.gif

Guest Scott Clinton

You get you butt waxed by the AI...so it MUST be cheating right?

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 08-19-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

well i suppose this might be a case of "we see the threat coming but your tank hasn't...yet...." All our tank sees is scurrying infantry close by with what might be satchel charges, bazookas, or flamethrowers possibly.... or it might be one of those super-hq tank busters wink.gif

-johnS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True I'm used to if it can see you; you can see it wink.gif.

Regards, John Waters

---------

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!".

"it also seems that the AI doesn't play by the "we go" rules....everytime i play..the AI reacts to my moves..ie...i decide in turn 2 to move out of the trees and attack the Sherman...how lucky for the AI to know i am going to do this 100% of the time, take a shot before i can take one, fire smoke and retreat behind trees . "

*Sigh*. Will SOMEONE please take the time to explain to this guy what the TacAI does? Obviusly he has no conception of the TacAIs role as he seems to be either ignorant of it or quite misled as to its workings.

Oh and nice example of the " I can't win so it must be cheating" club.

For sure HQ units love to sight in on my tanks and give them hell.

I am always glad when either my tanks or grunts target enemy HQ.

Also taking out the enemy HQ cuts the commo line for the rest of the platoon, lowering morale, which in this game is a huge issue as in real battle. smile.gif

------------------

-kill 'em all and let God sort them out-