Installing Win10 update seems to erase all CM custom settings in NVIDIA control panel?

Well, like the topic says: I just installed the Windows 10 "creators' update", and noticed the screen started flickering when I play CM, like it does when G-SYNC has been enabled.

I then went to the NVIDA control panel to check my custom profile for the game, and I can't find any profiles for Combat Mission Normandy, neither the various demos I downloaded (CMRT, CMFB). so it seems that the update process has somehow wiped these custom settings?

My other game settings remain though, so it's really strange.

Anyway long story short: If you have an NVIDIA card and installed the update, you might want to check if it deleted your profile. 

That happens with big system updates and each time I patch/upgrade the games. It might even have happened with some driver updates. I can always tell though as I play on a laptop with integrated graphics card (apart from the nviidia one) and CM always defaults to it causing the game to become a blurry mess.

29 minutes ago, rocketman said:

That happens with big system updates and each time I patch/upgrade the games. It might even have happened with some driver updates. I can always tell though as I play on a laptop with integrated graphics card (apart from the nviidia one) and CM always defaults to it causing the game to become a blurry mess.

Alright, thanks. I wasn't aware it was a well-known issue.First time I see it, myself.

39 minutes ago, kch001 said:

Anybody care to post their settings? I have also had them wiped out and I cant remember what I had put

On my computer, the only setting that has a real impact is the Vertical sync: on (half refresh rate). The rest of the settings I haven't even bothered to put back where they were, and I see next to no graphical difference. Should probably put anisotrophic filtering back to max though. It has some effect when you look alongside a building for example.

7 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

[snip] Should probably put anisotrophic filtering back to max though. It has some effect when you look alongside a building for example.

How does it make it look better? I'm currently reviewing all suggested nvidia settings to find what works for me and a buddy I play PBEM with.

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

How does it make it look better? I'm currently reviewing all suggested nvidia settings to find what works for me and a buddy I play PBEM with.

It makes textures such as the sides of buildings look better when viewed at a shallow angle, like when you look down along the side of a house. With bilinear and trilinear filtering, the textures become blurry at such angles, and anisotropic filtering makes them clearer. I think you only really notice it when you use a high resolution building texture mod though. Not sure the stock textures are detailed enough to make a difference if they blur a bit or not.