Hull Down & Partial Hull Down Advantages

Hey, I would never select green tankers for any purpose, it was just a example on how the engine works and that a green tanker in that situation is maybe a better situation at the moment because of the engine and how it functions.

As for the trees, Ian you are correct, and yes its not like the game is broken. With the latest code, things are not as bad as they once were. But its not perfect either. Since most of them tree hits happen on the first shots, it gives the advantage to the other tank. no point in adjusting to miss the tree if I am already dead.

Just pointing it out, in real life I would drive a tank between the trees as I moved through the woods, in the game. I try moving the tank right to the center of a tree at times. every time it occurs, I just think of how opposite that is to how it should be.

Roger that.

1 hour ago, slysniper said:

Just pointing it out, in real life I would drive a tank between the trees as I moved through the woods, in the game. I try moving the tank right to the center of a tree at times. every time it occurs, I just think of how opposite that is to how it should be.

Interesting - I just don't pay much attention at all to the specific location of individual tress. Perhaps I'll start.

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, slysniper said:

In the game as in real life I would always drive my tank between the trees. Anyone who doesn't should suffer an increased chance of bogging and or immobilisation....

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, Hilts said:

In the game as in real life I would always drive my tank between the trees. Anyone who doesn't should suffer an increased chance of bogging and or immobilisation....

INTERESTING Concept.

I am not sure that is how the game works though, I sure have not noticed it before anyway. I always figured it was the ground tile that was determining bog. Not the trees you place in that tile.  The only thing I have ever seen the trees do is at times, it will not allow a tank to go over them, the tank will turn and move around a tree at times, not a good thing to have happen if it exposes the flank of the tank to enemy fire.

So I actually have a rule of thumb for myself. when I move through woods. I plot a tight point to point path between the trees, just as in RL.

trying to avoid surprises.

Its only when I have a known enemy unit with a tank killing gun that if I decide to take them on, I might try to place a tree centered in my path to them to use as cover. And even then, not always. Because, keep in mind moving to a spot where you can see them first is not likely behind a tree. getting to a open area where your view is not blocked is normally going to be between trees.