Live fire trials against the S-tank

12 hours ago, HerrTom said:

It's interesting to see how it compares to the US army tests from the artillery thread.  I guess they had slightly different methodology here.  And fewer shells.

remember that they say in the beginning of the video, that they did almost 250 DIFFERENT tests. This video only shows a few of them. Many of the tests were classified, so the WP countries did not know the weak points of the tank. This video was to show the conscript soldiers, and did not show any classified content.

15 minutes ago, Armorgunner said:

remember that they say in the beginning of the video, that they did almost 250 DIFFERENT tests. This video only shows a few of them. Many of the tests were classified, so the WP countries did not know the weak points of the tank. This video was to show the conscript soldiers, and did not show any classified content.

Haha. I guess you don't really want to show your conscripts "hey so this artillery shell would have knocked a chunk out of the driver!" Interesting, too, that they say even the penetrations wouldn't harm the crew...

1 hour ago, HerrTom said:

Haha. I guess you don't really want to show your conscripts "hey so this artillery shell would have knocked a chunk out of the driver!" Interesting, too, that they say even the penetrations wouldn't harm the crew...

Yes it could be bad for the morale to show a big hole at the drivers place :D. And there is also the aspect of not showing the enemy, how to take out our tanks in the easiest way.