Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CMBS issue with FO arty

Erwin

Noticed that several times while an FO was spotting for one (indirect) strike, I was able to click on a 2nd arty piece and set a target for that as well.  When I went out of this window and tried again, I was not able to select the 2nd arty piece.  But, if I deselected the FO and then reselected him I was again able to give orders to a 2nd arty piece.  Bug or new feature?

Erwin,

The maximum capacity of a single FO is one fire mission at a time OR, if a drone is available, one fire mission and one drone. Concur with Michael Emrys. Please gather whatever documentation you have and pass it to whomever is responsible for such matters. Meanwhile, should I get to PBEM before this is fixed, if one FO calls down two shoots on me, you will here digital screams.

Regards,

John Kettler

Erwin,

Hope you can replicate the above. I see that, yet agin the fingers aren't with the yping (see what I mean?) program. But "here" for "hear" is annoying and embarrassing. Have also noiticed (again? really?) that I seem not to capitalize the first words in sentences and somehow now tack the last letter in the preceding word onto the front of the next. Sure hope this nonsense stops as I continue to heal. 

Regards,

John Kettler

No there was something odd going on.  My understanding in previous CM2 versions is that after a fire strike is already FFE, only then can a spotter call another while the first fire is falling.  However, IIRC a single spotter can't call extra strikes immediately after putting in a request BEFORE FFE is underway.

In my example, I checked a spotter who had made a fire request.  Usually any additional arty batteries will have SPOTTER BUSY written on the icon.  In my case I was able to select a 2nd arty piece and put down a fire location immediately.  I thought that weird, so I deselected the battery, and only then I was unable to select a 2nd arty battery.  I deselected the FO altogether and then re-selected the same FO and again even tho' he had just called in a strike, I was again able to select a 2nd battery etc.  Tried that a few times - same result. 

Wasn't sure if this was an update due to v4 so I asked here.