Advancing Infantry

So, I'm playing through the Tutorial campaign for CMFB and I have some questions.

1. What is the best way to move infantry forward? So, as you may know, you get reinforcement infantry  on tanks in the scenario. One thing I figured out quickly is you better make sure they have a covered approach even if it means dropping smoke to hide them. But, once they reach the intersection, it was no longer safe to advance them down the road on tanks. They had to advance the 200 or so meters on foot. Now, just using the Move command will work, but time starts being an issue with the scenario length. Plus, you probalby have to cross a road or will be open to fire at some point so you need to use quick or fast at times. Is there any "best practice" for moving infantry forward wherein you don't tire them out, but you keep them safe and don't take all day?

2. There is no longer an advance command so when you want to attack a building, you need to use Assault BUT, you cannot do this unless your squad is big enough to break up. So, do you just use Quick? If you use Hunt, they will stop when they see infantry. I guess if you use Hunt with a short overarc, maybe it will work, but again, if they see something to shoot at, they will stop.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

quick and fast with 20-30 second pauses every 3-4 action tiles is what i use in an advance, works fairly well assuming you have achieved sufficient suppression on the enemy. Overall however the best way to move infantry forward is under cover of your own fire, and take care not to advance to close, because eventually your pixeltruppen will get too close and even a suppressed enemy will take deadly potshots at your forces. 

when it comes down to it most infantry fights are a matter of making load noise until the other side is scared off your objective, not actually getting confirmed kills.

Edited by Cobetco