What I think about 4.0..

To start off with I do not have fin blitzkrieg yet. I was skeptical at upgrading my 3.12 install to 4.0, after having troubles with quick battles for almost a year For CMBN I have all the modules and the one that fixed the problem, which fixed the qb crashes but still left out m8 scott was getting the vehicle pack. After receiving all modules now for CMBN I have updated to 4.0. Right off the bat I noticed new things added to quick battle screen I have had no crashes so far with quick battles all vehicles seem to be there to choose from, including my m8 and priests. Various other bug fixes did happen.

So what did I notice?

4.0 of CMBN now has some stuff that is also in final blitzkrieg such as tracers and ui ground conditions! The first things I noticed was a huge improvement on vehicle and troop ai, troops can go through heavy brush etc. Tanks can find better way to a spot with the movement command including going through brush. I also noticed to fire and tracer graphics. machine gunners in the hull of tanks (radio men) now fire more often it seems. Seems like trees stop HE more.

Did I notice any bugs still?

I did officially report (even provided screenshot) the sherman m4a3 105mm early bug when in open up command sticks out too far and it is still there.

As far as I can tell this is a pretty solid game now.

Edited by user1000

On 1/2/2017 at 2:15 AM, user1000 said:

To start off with I do not have fin blitzkrieg yet. I was skeptical at upgrading my 3.12 install to 4.0, after having troubles with quick battles for almost a year For CMBN I have all the modules and the one that fixed the problem, which fixed the qb crashes but still left out m8 scott was getting the vehicle pack. After receiving all modules now for CMBN I have updated to 4.0. Right off the bat I noticed new things added to quick battle screen I have had no crashes so far with quick battles all vehicles seem to be there to choose from, including my m8 and priests. Various other bug fixes did happen.

So what did I notice?

4.0 of CMBN now has some stuff that is also in final blitzkrieg such as tracers and ui ground conditions! The first things I noticed was a huge improvement on vehicle and troop ai, troops can go through heavy brush etc. Tanks can find better way to a spot with the movement command including going through brush. I also noticed to fire and tracer graphics. machine gunners in the hull of tanks (radio men) now fire more often it seems. Seems like trees stop HE more.

Did I notice any bugs still?

I did officially report (even provided screenshot) the sherman m4a3 105mm early bug when in open up command sticks out too far and it is still there.

As far as I can tell this is a pretty solid game now.

I really hope that if Hull/Turret MG's fire more often, it produces less casualties and more Suppression...I always thought they seem to hit Infantry far to frequently (to accurate) with one or two short burst. 

Do you mean that Trees stop AP/HE Shells from passing through more often (hope that's not the case)...Or...that HE that hit Trees cause less damage to troops in that cover ?

2 hours ago, JoMc67 said:

I really hope that if Hull/Turret MG's fire more often, it produces less casualties and more Suppression...I always thought they seem to hit Infantry far to frequently (to accurate) with one or two short burst.

The rate of fire for most vehicle-mounted machine guns was boosted in 4.0.

On 2017-01-02 at 2:15 AM, user1000 said:

Yay good to hear.

So what did I notice?

I do not believe that any intentional changes were made to cause HE to be stopped by trees *more* frequently. My anecdotal experiences do not see a difference in that area. If you continue to feel that is happening then it could be worth some testing.

Oops that probably means it did not get logged properly. Can I pick a M4A3 105 early in a QB and see this? I'll look into where that report went or didn't go.

On 2017-01-02 at 6:17 AM, user1000 said:

I also noticed low skill troops have a better chance vs command troops in a firefight. command troops would always win it in the past.

Humm this is another one that I am unaware of any changes. I would not have expected command troops to perform better in 3.x or 4.x. Could it just be observational bias (which just means you remember when things go wrong and don't notice when the go right- no an insult at all).