Tanks crossing bridges.Still and issue

I recently got CMFB and I patched it with the two available patches.The v1.01 says that problems relative to vehicles crossing  bridges has been fixed but I made a test with a tank trying to cross a long bridge and it looks that it can't just go straight.It made complicated and silly manoeuvres before it crossed,wasting time and exposing flanks to any incoming AT fire.Anybody had experienced this?,why it hasn't been fixed this time?,have we to wait for v1.03 patch?

Lets start by asking are you plotting the way points to cross the bridge right?  Yes, we have to help the game to behave well :).  When plotting a vehicle's way points to cross a bridge you want to plot a way point just before the bridge on your side and then the next way point should be just after the bridge.  Continue with way points after that.

After that, it all comes down to what is an issue?  Normally I find bridge crossing pretty good - nearly smooth.  Occasionally there is a little bit of side to side on entry or exit.  That is not great but the vehicle gets across and the delay is short - not perfect but OK.  That's how it should work.  Are you experiencing worse?  Or are you unsatisfied with the short delay that happens sometimes?  Only answer those questions if you are plotting your way points right :).

If you have worse behaviour: such as 20s of hesitation and turning around.  Or if you have vehicles getting stuck.  Or if you have vehicle falling through or popping up.  Those would be bugs and sharing a saved game will get it logged and eventually fixed - as long as you plot your way points as I described up top.

On 9/12/2016 at 9:33 PM, IanL said:

Lets start by asking are you plotting the way points to cross the bridge right?  Yes, we have to help the game to behave well :).  When plotting a vehicle's way points to cross a bridge you want to plot a way point just before the bridge on your side and then the next way point should be just after the bridge.  Continue with way points after that.

After that, it all comes down to what is an issue?  Normally I find bridge crossing pretty good - nearly smooth.  Occasionally there is a little bit of side to side on entry or exit.  That is not great but the vehicle gets across and the delay is short - not perfect but OK.  That's how it should work.  Are you experiencing worse?  Or are you unsatisfied with the short delay that happens sometimes?  Only answer those questions if you are plotting your way points right :).

If you have worse behaviour: such as 20s of hesitation and turning around.  Or if you have vehicles getting stuck.  Or if you have vehicle falling through or popping up.  Those would be bugs and sharing a saved game will get it logged and eventually fixed - as long as you plot your way points as I described up top.

Yes,I did it.I set the waypoints correctly as you stated.But I find a bit annoying that the tank can't cross just straight.it should be the logical thing to do.