Question about halftrack

I cant figure out why my halftrack doesnt shoot :mellow: Maybe I am missing something but as you can see on the screenshot the halftrack has two mgs and a squad in it. It sees an enemy but doesnt shoot? How can I mount these mgs? There is a Ldr and a driver but no gunner. Can someone help? :) I also gave a target order. I saw a red line to the enemy but it didnt shoot ...

woT4Ktk.png

Edited by DeutschRitter

23 hours ago, DeutschRitter said:

I am playing atm and figured it out :D You have to select the squad inside the halftrack and give the open up order. I think the german halftrack mgs are automaticaly mounted when a squad enters it.

Yup. Open up 'crews' the MGs. I pretty sure this is true for the German hanomags as well?  

You may wonder why this is necessary? These gunners are very vulnerable, and will likely get picked of quickly if they are particularly exposed to small arms on their flanks. You can therefore prevent this by switching 'off'' Open Up, obviously resulting in no MG crewing, but also protects all the occupants from small arms fire.

6 minutes ago, gnarly said:

I pretty sure this is true for the German hanomags as well?  

Nope =p The German 250(old and new) and 251(C and D) do not require an open up command to use their Machineguns, and their protection past ~200m is actually pretty good now, not like it used to be a few years ago. where as the US halftracks are pretty much just trucks that happen to have machineguns, the german halftracks can be used fairly offensively if you know whats on the other side of a crest or building, i wouldn't deploy them defensively however, not the machinegun variants anyhow, the 37mm and 75mm can defend in a pinch.

2 minutes ago, Cobetco said:

Nope =p The German 250(old and new) and 251(C and D) do not require an open up command to use their Machineguns, and their protection past ~200m is actually pretty good now, not like it used to be a few years ago. where as the US halftracks are pretty much just trucks that happen to have machineguns, the german halftracks can be used fairly offensively if you know whats on the other side of a crest or building, i wouldn't deploy them defensively however, not the machinegun variants anyhow, the 37mm and 75mm can defend in a pinch.

Cool.  But I think you can still turn off the Open Up option for German halftracks, to de-crew (and then re-crew) their MGs?

I still lose those gunners, even if they are better protected....

While that would make a lot of sense, the gunners on the German halftracks will man their weapon no matter what stance, having them open up will keep them at the machinegun, but even if their not opened up if the gunner feels like firing, he's going to fire. only way to avoid that is a short radius target arc. also I will point out (since i was just checking it out) the gunner of the 37mm cannon on both the 250 and 251 stands up and hip fires the cannon instead of using the handy dandy aiming telescope, but i guess that's where the German army put its Rambo wannabes.

Edited by Cobetco

9 hours ago, Cobetco said:

While that would make a lot of sense, the gunners on the German halftracks will man their weapon no matter what stance, having them open up will keep them at the machinegun, but even if their not opened up if the gunner feels like firing, he's going to fire. only way to avoid that is a short radius target arc. also I will point out (since i was just checking it out) the gunner of the 37mm cannon on both the 250 and 251 stands up and hip fires the cannon instead of using the handy dandy aiming telescope, but i guess that's where the German army put its Rambo wannabes.

Good to know; I've probably been turning off Open Up, but forgetting I'd done so

On 22/11/2016 at 1:50 AM, Cobetco said:

Could Battlefront please look into this?