How to create regimental HQ in editor

In the scenario I'm working on I want to have a regimental HQ in place (for historical reasons), but not sure the best way to create one in the editor as the formation doesn't exist. From what I have read the regimental HQ was about 80-100 men, HQ, support troops and so on. Any ideas? I don't want them to be too good of a fighting unit, since they aren't supposed to be one, but is one of the main targets for the enemy to eliminate.

@rocketman, I'd suggest buying a battalion, deleting the rifle companies and support companies, adding a bunch of soft skin transport, and renaming the platoons remaining according to an appropriate schema. I'd also suggest dialing down the ammo holdings, and especially the combat effectiveness of the various elements. You might also want to include some ammo dumps for flavour. Consider that Regtl HQs tend to be quite structured, with definite locations for the commander and his staff to work, accommodation, vehicle parks, stores, medical facilities, etc.

In terms of the detailed manning and organisation, try;

* here for the US:http://100thww2.org/100org/infreg.html

* * note: Regtl HQ + HQ Coy + A-Tk Coy (probably not located at Regt HQ) + Cannon Coy (possibly located near Regtl HQ, within ~500 yards) + service coy + medical detachment (click on each for further detailed breakdowns)

* and here for the UK (Inf Bde HQ): http://ww2talk.com/index.php?threads/infantry-battalion.23757/ 

* * edit: obviously not directly relevant to CMFB, but it might be useful for ideas

There are no tents in the editor, so you'll probably want to set the HQ up in the grounds of a farm or some other small cluster of buildings, in such a way that they don't block or straddle any main thoroughfares (which would be utilised as an MSR).

Finally, remember that you'd expect a bunch of hangers-on at a Regtl HQ, such as the supporting artillery battalion commander and his staff, the supporting engineer company OC and his staff, etc., and their various vehicles.

Edited by JonS

19 hours ago, Pete Wenman said:

Looking in the editor a Cannon Co only has one jeep with a driver and a 3 man HQ mounted in the jeep. It might be you are missing seeing it on the map as I'm not aware of any mechanism that imposes a maximum number of men/units other than a CTD

P

You're right Pete, I had so many units on the map that the additional Jeep and HQ unit got lost in the crowd. I wasn't aware that some artillery units had both on and off map units in its formation.