Fortress Italy AARs by Josey Wales

Funny that you mentioned that.  I was playing CMFI the other day and spotted those crosses.  When I saw that I said to my self I need to get those out of there - ambulance HTs don't make sense attacking.  I am pretty sure it is part of the Aris mods but I'll check tomorrow morning when I remove it and let you know :D

Found it.  Didn't realize I already had it. 

Question:  Following my own advice, I copied the "blank" fuselage and named the copies to m3-hull 3/4/5.bmp etc. so I would only have maybe one red cross version in a scenario.  I note that there is no mod called xyz 1.bmp.  Is that true for all CM2 mod variants - that there is no variant mod called "1"?

Thanks...

Edited by Erwin

7 hours ago, IanL said:

Yes, the file is in the Aris mod "Aris American Halftracks CMFI&GL" the version with the cross is called m3-hull 2.bmp.

There are only two versions so I just deleted that one file - no more ambulances in combat.

Beware !

I could be wrong here, but I vaguely remember someone saying that if there is a gap in the numbering, the game engine will not "look" beyond it to the later numbered variants.

Worth checking - if true you would be better swapping its number with the last in the list... :)

In this case there are only 2 bmp's for this halftrack graphic in Aris' mod folder.  There is the vanilla m3-hull.bmp and m3-hull 2.bmp ONLY.

IIRC one should not number any .bmp variant as (say) m3-hull 1.bmp. 

Am not sure if that "xyz 1.bmp" would simply not appear, or if it would prevent any higher numbered .bmp in the series from appearing in the game.