Quick battle AI always buys "Cannon Company"?

Whn I set up a 'tiny' sized quick battle and make the AI choose its own troops, it always buys a Cannon Company. I can keep clicking on the "suggestions" button but it will keep sugesting the same thing. Sometimes it will add a mortar section, but apart from that it just keeps on with the cannon company, never choosing infantry, armoured infantry, or anything else.

Even in a tiny battle there are plenty of points for a proper infantry company, so I don't get why it's stuck with this cannon idea?

yeah i too have noticed this, in all the titles really. the QB ai selector likes taking SPGs for some reason. i kinda have to admit i never let the AI pick their own troops anymore i buy them a balanced force depending on the engagement i'm thinking off in my head (so a grenadier company and some ATGS say if i imagine an engagement with a sector held by a infantry division)

But these SPGs are off-map, so basically what it's left with is a forward observer and two modules of artillery.. and a sniper and a mortar I think. Not exactly a balanced force.

I noticed before the AI purchasing is out of whack, but only playing US against Germans. In that case, the AI nearly always buys a unit of ATGs.