US MG wont move

Same for me: in the 'Courage conquers' campaign.

Don't know what to send to where, how should I contact Battlefront for instructions?

B.t.w. :just read the book about Felix Sparks, think you picked the the photo from the cover?

If you share the file with me in dropbox I'll add it to my bug report. Which mission is it? Mine occured in "Crossroads", but had weird stuff with dismounted halftracks as reinforcements prior to that.

Was the book good? I had picked the photo before I saw it as the book cover. In a way it sums up the feeling of war to me.

I have seen this in a campaign (can't recall the name, but I think it was one of the bundled ones where Patton's forces had to fight towards Bastogne). I dismounted a US 2 men MG team from an HT and they spent the rest of the battle sitting it out in the snow. I'll check if I have a save somewhere tonight, but probably cleaned those I had.

3 hours ago, Mies said:

I have seen this in a campaign (can't recall the name, but I think it was one of the bundled ones where Patton's forces had to fight towards Bastogne). I dismounted a US 2 men MG team from an HT and they spent the rest of the battle sitting it out in the snow. I'll check if I have a save somewhere tonight, but probably cleaned those I had.

That would be the "Courage Conquers" campaign that we now have three instances for. Was your problem prior to the 1.02 patch? I wonder if it is scenario inherent (script?) or game inherent (bigger problem to solve?).

Just now, rocketman said:

That would be the "Courage Conquers" campaign that we now have three instances for. Was your problem prior to the 1.02 patch? I wonder if it is scenario inherent (script?) or game inherent (bigger problem to solve?).

I would think after I installed patch 1.02. I was tempted to fire at the team in the end to get them to move ;-)

Just now, Mies said:

I would think after I installed patch 1.02. I was tempted to fire at the team in the end to get them to move ;-)

I had started the campaign prior to the patch and had some other problems, but not this one. A buddy of mine, using my save to test, tried shooting at the MG teams. They would cower but not move.

I don't have a screen shot or save. But, I did witness a 3-man MG Team problem in the Aachen campaign. Having taken two casualties, the remaining member wouldn't move, or even change his facing to medic his teammates. I'm playing the game patched up to 1.02.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

13 minutes ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I don't have a screen shot or save. But, I did witness a 3-man MG Team problem in the Aachen campaign. Having taken two casualties, the remaining member wouldn't move, or even change his facing to medic his teammates. I'm playing the game patched up to 1.02.

Good to know that it is in another campaign as well. Do you remember if they had been in a halftrack prior to the problem? The bug might be related to that.

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

Good to know that it is in another campaign as well. Do you remember if they had been in a halftrack prior to the problem? The bug might be related to that.

No, this was a Medium Machine Gun M1919A4 3-man team and they begin the mission on foot. At first I thought it was down to the fact that one of the casualties was in the same AS as the survivor whilst the other was right on the edge of the AS in front of him.. But he wouldn't medic of his own accord, so then I gave him a Face command towards the man in his own AS, nothing happened. Then tried "Slow" and "Move" commands to see if he would medic the man in the other AS, but he still wouldn't budge. Eventually I gave up.

On 2016-10-30 at 0:48 AM, rocketman said:

Was the book good? I had picked the photo before I saw it as the book cover. In a way it sums up the feeling of war to me.

Yes, quite good to my taste. Full of notes, seem to be solid reseach behind but still quite vivid in narrative. Some historical books are dry, where the author only reproduces records but this book tells the story based on notes and interviews. I read the swedish translation, "Befriaren", I recommend it.

I'm having the same problem in Courage Conquers campaign (1st mission) but with US 81mm mortar crews. Dismount from halftracks and then refuse to move any further. Have tried using the dismount order and also just the move order but with the same result. Light mortar teams, no problem. Also my two man US MG teams refuse to deploy. No problem with moving them though. Running version 1.02

With regards to the 81mm mortars. If you use the "Dismount" command they leave the mortar behind in the vehicle and become stuck as "Hilts" describes. Also, the same thing happens if you issue them with a "Move" or "Hunt" command from the vehicle. But, they act normally if you issue them "Quick" or "Fast" commands taking the mortar with them.

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I think in the case of the two man MG team they are treated as a depleted five man team, hence the three grey dots on the UI. Therefore they will never deploy the weapon even though "Deploy Weapon" turns white as if the command has been carried out. Of course, they will still fire the weapon normally.

Oh ok. Didn't know that. Cheers!

5 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

With regards to the 81mm mortars. If you use the "Dismount" command they leave the mortar behind in the vehicle and become stuck as "Hilts" describes. Also, the same thing happens if you issue them with a "Move" or "Hunt" command from the vehicle. But, they act normally if you issue them "Quick" or "Fast" commands taking the mortar with them.

I've done some tests and the problem seems to be if the mission was started on 1.01 and then the patch was applied halfway through. When I start the mission from scratch on 1.02 everything appears normal.

With regards to the 81mm mortars. If you use the "Dismount" command they leave the mortar behind in the vehicle and become stuck as "Hilts" describes.

Which I discovered to my dismay several weeks ago. 

Also, the same thing happens if you issue them with a "Move" or "Hunt" command from the vehicle. But, they act normally if you issue them "Quick" or "Fast" commands taking the mortar with them.

Hmmm. I believe I was unable to give them any order separate from the jeep. That's why I tried Dismount. All this strikes me as a major glitch.

Michael

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Ah, now it's my turn to be confused, because I'm running v.1.02. 

Just to confirm. When I said that everything appeared normal in 1.02. I can dismount my crew and move them away but they leave the mortar in the half-track. I can now fire the mortar from the HT, which I couldn't before. Are the mortars even designed to be removed from the vehicle? 

1 hour ago, Hilts said:

... Are the mortars even designed to be removed from the vehicle? 

Yes, they should work both in and outside the vehicle.

Edit : Sorry, should have said - the 81mm mortar is supposed to work in and out of the vehicle.

I just ran the quickest test ( ver 1.02 ) with a normal Quick order and all 81mm mortars exited their vehicles and deployed.

I'll have a go with Dismount command and other move orders.

Edit2 : Dismounted one team so HT could drive off afterwards. MOVEd another out, HUNTed the 3rd out. All deployed mortar successfully ( although for some reason the Deploy command was not available in the dismounting turn. That seems odd. But in the following turn all were able to deploy ie. mortar was not left behind. ). So I cannot reproduce the problem - this with starting the campaign fresh in v1.02

Edited by Baneman

It took me three attempts before I managed to get them all out using a mix of of "Quick", "Move" and "Dismount" orders. It will a few weeks before I actually get around to taking this campaign on, but my advice would be to "Save" the game before hitting the little red thing the turn you try dismounting the 81mms.

I did the test again in the CC campaign first mission. What I said before was wrong. I hadn't moved the halftracks. When I do and then try to dismount the mortars they just exit the vehicle (without the mortar) and then freeze no matter what dismount order they are given.

Baneman, could you launch the first mission of Courage Conquers campaign and fast forward through the first ten turns or so, till the m21s arrive and then see if you can dismount them correctly? Make sure to move the halftracks first though.

I wanted to do a test outside the campaign but couldn't find the vehicles in the purchase screen?

That's what I did, but I hadn't moved them before giving the necessary orders.

See, this is why testing is so tricky - you have to be soooo specific. I'll have another go moving the HT's first.

Edit : ok, tres weird, you are correct, if the HT's move first, oddness ensues. :blink:

I'll have to do some testing outside the campaign to nail down the specifics.

Edited by Baneman