Fortress Italy unit description and duties

I'm presently doing a mission where some of the units are described as breach units. Each consists of three soldiers and tend to be mounted on a vehicle. What is a breach unit and what are their speciality if any? Sorry but I'm not up on military terms or unit descriptions.

Thanatoast

Edited by Barry Brown

19 minutes ago, Barry Brown said:

I'm presently doing a mission where some of the units are described as breach units. Each consists of three soldiers and tend to be mounted on a vehicle. What is a breach unit and what are their speciality if any? Sorry but I'm not up on military terms or unit descriptions.   

Breach units have demo charges to Blast (breach) walls and obstacles.  Some can also mark minefields.  The demo charges are also good for close assaulting vehicles.  Blasting is their most common job. 

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

IIRC only engineer or sapper units can mark minefields.  Those units also usually (not always) have demo charges.  Breach units have demo charges but I don't think they have other skills.

The Breach Teams have engineers / sappers in them.  If you look in the status block on the bottom left of the screen the team members are listed: Leader, Engineer, Engineer.  I also tested them awhile back.  Almost always take a breach team or two on offensive quick battle PBEMs.  Occasionally on the defense also, very handy.  

Edited by MOS:96B2P